alternate ending (after ch 29)

changbin sat in his room, staring out the window of his oh-so-boring house. the monochromous colors comforted him, sending changbin into a state of serenity. he waited for felix to arrive at his mahogany door. changbin anticipated the look of sheer innocence and contentment plastered onto the young australian's face.

the ravenette smiled to himself, rising from his bed to start down the stairs when he saw felix crossing the street outside is window. it seems as if felix knew that changbin was nearby, though, because the younger entered the house immediately after arriving at the door.

changbin's smile faltered, felix's wind-blown hair adding onto his adorable appearance. the older felt guilty for not seeing him in so long, he felt stupid for holing himself up in his room and trying to forget about the australian by ignoring his surroundings.

the two walked towards eachother like magnets, unable to cancel the pull. they hugged on contact, small tears being blinked back on both parts. they had only seen eachother a week ago, but somehow, today, everything felt different.

after settling on changbin's gray love seat, they turned on the tv. it was on a random channel, not that they cared what they were watching as they probably wouldn't be paying attention.

"felix, i'm sorry." felix frowned at changbin's apology, his brown eyebrows furrowed.

"for what?" changbin sharply inhaled, sighing and turning to face the younger.

"for ignoring you. and, before you say anything, let me finish. i'm sorry that i was so dumb that i locked myself up in my room without reconsidering your feelings. i'm sorry that i couldn't recognize the fact that we had to come face-to-face for anything to change. it's just, i knew i would be faced with rejection, and-" changbin stopped himself, shaking his head and casting his blank eyes onto the television.

"binnie," felix paused, waiting for changbin to deny the nickname. when the elder didn't, he continued. "i like you."

changbin didn't react. his face remained blank, eyes cold. felix could see that the corners of his lips were being pulled downwards and that tears pricked the corners of his eyes.

"you don't mean that, felix. don't fool me, you can't make yourself like me." it was too good to be true, changbin thought. there was no way, he was too unlikable.

"no. i do like you. i really really like you. you make my stomach do flips and my heart run a marathon. your smiles make me happy and the way you bite your bottom lip drives me wild and," felix took a deep breath, trying to compose himself.

"i suck at this feelings thing but, damn, i know that i am crazy for you, changbin. i like you a lot. so much i can't even comprehend and it drives me so insane because you make me feel so weird! i get frustrated with myself because i wish you could just see that, binnie." changbin looked up, eyes glazed over with tears. felix searched those eyes for an answer, as if a look could tell him everything he wanted to know.

a look couldn't, but a action could. when changbin sat up and started leaning towards felix, he knew.

felix knew that it was okay.

their lips connected and no fireworks went off, no sparks flew, but that didn't matter to them. felix loved changbin, and the two were as happy as could be.

changbin was glad that felix had come to see him that night. he was glad that he found someone to love that loved him back, too.

[end 2]