Chapter Two-Help

The two adults rushed to the car before speeding to the small apartment complex. They pull up and rush up the steps, bursting through the door and splitting up to find the girl quicker. Then, not even a minute later, Monk calls out for the red haired woman.

"Ayako! I found her!" Ayako rushes in the direction of his voice. Stopping in the doorway her heart flutters as she watches him envelop Mai in a fartherly hug. It was one of the things she loved about him. He was always so careful with Mai, treating her as his own daughter.

Monk looked up, away from the sobbing girl in his arms as she curled into him. His eyes locked on Ayako's and he pleaded with his eyes for her to join the hug. Her feet lead her to the two huddled figures and she dropped to her knees, her arms wrapping around the younger girls waist.

"It's okay Mai. We're here. We'll help you." They muttered those comforting words over and over again. Eventually Mai stopped crying, her chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm. She sighed before opening her eyes and shaking off the embrace, reaching for the phone.

"Mai?" Ayako questioned, sitting up on her knees and putting a hand on Mai's shoulder. Mai shook her head.

"I have to tell him." Ayako pursed her lips and sat back down, her arm falling to lay in her lap. She was going to let her try, but if Naru hurt her even more...well let's just say that his little PK trick wouldn't be able to help him.

"Thank you, for staying with me." Mai whispered before dialing the number she had committed to memory. Ayako and Monk watched, their hearts in their throats as the stared at the trebbling brunette in front of them.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

No answer.

"What? Is he not answering?" Ayako asked as Mai stared at the phone, her mind not accepting that they would ignore the phone at this hour. She shook her head.

"No." Monk's face hardens. He now had a new hatred for the boy who had become a close friend of his. All the admiration and respect he had was now thrown out the window.

"Well then we'll just have to take his place!" Ayako jolts the two out of their thoughts with this declaration. She was now standing, her hands on her hips as she stared defiantly at Mai and Monk.

"Wait...what?" The two ask in synch, heads tilting to the side.

"Since Naru doesn't want to be there we will! Monk and I will help take care of you and the baby!" Ayako puts her hands on her hips and grins. Monk starts to grin as tears gather in Mai's wide eyes.

"I-I don't de-deserve you you two!!!!" She gasps out as she throws her arms around them. She pulls back and smiles at them, the tears gone.

"Well at least we know your healthy! You're already having hormone fluctuations!" Ayako exclaims as Monk stares with wide eyes.

"This is supposed to happen?!" Monk asks as his hands tangle in his blonde hair. The two girls giggle at this. He looked so scared!

These next nine months are going to be fun....

~6 Weeks and 4 Days~

I was nervous. You could say that. Ayako was picking me up to take me to my sonogram. They have been helping me out so much, I had no chance of ever fully repaying them.

"Mai! It's time to leave!" I take a deep breath before grabbing my purse and heading out the door.

*

*

*

"Miss. Taniyama?" I stand up with Ayako and we walk to the back room. The nurse then turns to Ayako.