Count on me

We stayed up all night talking about life, I tried my best to help him out and try to make him understand the severity of the problem.

"Okay listen Grant, here's what you're going to do" I said putting my legs under me and looking straight into his eyes. He looked discouraged.

This is killing me, he's too good to be feeling this way.

He's been too good to you Anna, you need to help him.

Yeah, that's true.

 "I'm listening" he said looking up to me.

"First you need to be sure she takes more than two tests, tests can be fishy most of the times, secondly if it is positive you have to tell her to go to the doctor, and go with her, you need to be there" I said highlightning the last part. He let out a sigh.

"Okay..." he reluctantly said.

"After that, depending on how it goes... you make a decision."

"Easy said than done" he rolled his eyes back.

You tell me.

"I'm trying to help Grant" I said a bit mad.

"I know I'm sorry" he giggled.

JESUS THAT GIGGLE. STOP.

"That's it, a smile" I smiled back.

"The sun is rising" he said, getting up and walking to the window.

"Yeah, it's beautiful isn't it" I said walking beside him, both looking outside the window.

"You know, just now I notice how often we miss the small and beautiful things in life" he said without taking his eyes of the sunrise.

"Grant, just because you might be a dad your life isn't over, you still... can enjoy the small and beautiful... things in life" I said taking a pause.

How I wish one of those small or beautiful things was me.

"I know... but... still" he said looking at me.

His eyes were piercing mine, it was the perfect place and the perfect situation, except for one thing. Timing.

His eyes, his lips, everything was perfect, even the sunlight touching his soft cheeks.

Don't lean Anna.

I'm trying.

"Thanks Anna" he said as I went back to earth.

"Sure" I said trying not to stutter.

"I'll keep you informed" he hugged me.

I wish you wouldn't.

I wish you wouldn't keep me informed.

I mean, I don't wanna know about your possible future life as a father with a girl that's not me.

What?

I mean, about your possible future life as a father with your girlfriend.

Anna go to bed. It's late and you need to rest before thinking anymore dumb shit.

Right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Holy crap I can't believe that happened" Will said leaning back on his chair.

"I know..." I said taking a sip off my boost juice.

"Has he texted you or anything?"

Oh yeah he's been texting me the whole damn day.