Comfortably confused

After a while talking, sitting on the kitching table with my mom and Grant he recived a call, I think it was his mom because right after it he said he had to go, he quickly said goodbye.

"See you tomorrow" he said with a kind smile waving at me from the front door.

Jesus he's so adorable.

Right after my mom closed the front door she jumped towards the kitchen to sit next to me, she had this wide smile and I could see all her teeth.

"So? Isn't he a charm?" she said as I gave her a creepy look.

"Mom he's like half your age, are you serious getting in this subject?" I joked.

"I meant for you, God Anna of course Im not into 19 year old kids" she said frowning.

"I know Im just joking" I said.

"Well tomorrow he's coming to fix the garden, you might want to be around" she said winking at me.

"Uhm... stop, I don't want you hooking me up with guys... seriously mom, stop" I said annoyed.

"Aw Anna but he's handsome and he's your age, you even know each other—"

"We actually met at the library yesterday, so it's not like we know each other really" I interrupted her as she let out a laugh.

"I think he thinks you're pretty, did you see the way he looked at you?" she cheekily said.

"No, now I'll go do a project" I said getting up from my chair and walking to my room. 

I closed the door and leaned my back on it, leaving my body slide until I sat on the floor. I let out a strong sigh. I let my hair down and put on pajama, I took my laptop and began to do my project. It took me awhile but as soon as I finished I left my laptop to one side of my bed and fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of the lawnmower.

What time is it? 

I was sleeping on my stomach, I lifted my head from the pillow and looked at the clock. 12:30pm.

Fuck.

Hopefully I don't have class on fridays. Today is Randall's party. Interesting. I fixed my hair with both hands before getting up from the bed. I already skipped breakfast so I might as well take a shower.

After dressing up into a pair of shorts and a black hoodie I brushed my hair to let it down. I walked towards the kitchen to see if my mom was already making lunch but she wasn't.

Oh my God Grant is here, he's the one using the lawnmower. Oh my God.

I quickly hid inside the kitchen so Grant wouldn't see me through the glass door from the living room. I took a bottle of juice form inside the refrigerator. I took my phone with the empty hand and called my mom. 

"Hey mom where are you? You left Grant doing the garden while I was asleep"

[Oh yeah, I had an appointment here at the spa, there's money in the table so you two can have something to eat]

"Uhm... you're not coming for lunch?" I asked peeking on the kitchen window to see what Grant was up to, he was just there, trying to cut the grass.

[No, no, Im having lunch with Heather, we do that every month]

"Okay" I said hunging up.

That's just great, my mom fixed everything so I would stay by myself with Grant in the house, what is she even thinking? Grant probably suspects something by now, how embarrassing.