Walls

I think it's time to leave, I looked around for Randall and said goodbye, I walked towards the front yard, there were many people still outside, drinking and talking out loud, some where just getting there. I didn't drive here so I tried calling a taxi to get home. My feet hurt and I was tired, this has been a great night but it's time to take a rest. Jack called me out and I turned around as he walked closer.

"Hey Anna you leaving?" Jack asked.

Well duh, of course I'm leaving...

"Yeah" I said nodding.

"Do you need a ride home?" he nicely asked.

He was expecting for me to answer, he wanted for me to agree but what if he wants something else by offering me to take me home? Maybe I'm just looking way too much into things.

Of course you are Anna, he's just being nice.

Maybe, but still...

"Anna?" he insisted.

"Uh... I called for a taxi, but thanks" I said looking away.

"Are you alright?" he said with a worried look on his eyes, softly touching my shoulder.

I felt I could break right in that moment, why was I feeling so vulnerable? Maybe it was because of what Grant said? He knew, I don't know why but he knew me better than he could've in so little time.

"I am, thank you" I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I started walking away from the house, Jack stood there looking at me walk away. Man I'm hungry I should probably go buy some mcdonald's for the ride or something, there's one just around the corner. I walked there, only the drive-thru was opened so I had to wait in line along with the cars, some guys began to tease me from their car behind me, I didn't pay much attention to them. After a few minutes I saw a group of people talking loud and laughing, walking towards the mcdonalds, they're probably from Randall's party too, but wait— Crap that's Grant.

"Anna?" Grant yelled out loud.

Okay this is embarrassing, a bunch of drunk people yelling and laughing, please go away.

"You're hungry too?" he joked, walking in line with me, the guys from the car behind me complained about them cutting in line.

"C'mon! Seriously? It's like five of you now!" one of them yelled.

"Shut up, you're gonna get your food anyway!" Grant answered back.

Jesus this is the first time I've seen him like this, drunk but funny, he's a funny guy, trying to be all tough and all. I giggled.

"Where's Sophie?" I asked noticing the rest of the group were all men.

"She left with her friends" he said still yelling at the other guys.

She left? So Grant is by himself? That's...

That's amazing, say it.

Yes, it is but... it's also wrong.

"Assholes..." Grant whispered turning back at me, it was our turn so we ordered.

After we got the food we sat on the ditch and ate.

"How ar ou gettin houme?" Grant asked with his mouth full.

"Ew Grant, swallow before talking" I joked laughing.

"Okay, how are you getting home?" he repeated after swallowing.

"Walking or taxi, my house it's not so far away anyway" I said grabbing a bite of my hamburger.