Chapter 27: Meeting

CHAPTER 27

Harry makes the bellhop wake me up. The man's face, familiar from yesterday, is the first thing I see as I blink my sleepy eyes open. When he sees I've awoken he stops tapping me incessantly on the shoulder.

"The man says that you need to get ready because you have a meeting in an hour and a half," he tells me.

"What? He wants me to go with him?" I frown and rub the sleep out of my eyes. The bellhop looks at me uncomfortably and nods his head. Probably because I'm a mess right now- I don't even want to know what my hair looks like.

"Yes ma'am, that's what he told me," the man says, shifting the weight back and forth from his feet. Now that I get a better look at him, this man can't be any older than me; he looks like he's barely over twenty. I read his nametag. Collin.

"Okay, thanks Collin," I smile widely at him even though I probably look like a zombie from just waking up. He smiles back nervously and bumps into a desk on the way out the door, nearly falling over, but it's too early for me to find the energy to laugh.

I sigh and throw the covers off of me, heading towards the bathroom. I can hear water running over in Harry's bathroom so I assume he's already in the shower. I step into my bathroom and pull off my t-shirt, leaving it in a pile on the ground. Right before I'm about to pull off my underwear and bra, I realize I left my shaving cream in the main room, and there's no way I'm going to shave my legs without it.

I push the bathroom door open with a sigh and scurry quickly over to my suitcase, bending over in order to find the shaving cream. Just as my fingers make contact with the cool metal bottle, I hear the door slam behind me.

Shit.

Things are about to get really awkward.

I turn around at the same moment Harry yells, "Jesus Christ, where are your clothes?"

I try to cover myself up with the bottle of shaving cream but it doesn't really work. This is so not how I pictured the first time Harry saw me in my underwear.

I gesture weakly at the open bathroom door. "I was just about to take a shower...I think I'll get back to that."

I practically sprint back into the bathroom and slam the door loudly behind me so that it will cover up my groan. I stare at myself in the slightly steamy mirror and let out a sigh. It could have been worse, right? At least my bra and panties match today.

I step in the shower feeling only slightly mortified. The hot water burns away my embarrassment and I feel tons better when I finally turn off the nozzle, the heated argument of last night and the awkward incident of this morning no longer on my mind. Which is good, because I need to be totally focused to make it through today.

++++++++++++

Harry and I take a taxi over to the hotel where the meeting is being held. Harry types on his phone the entire ride, ignoring me, but I kind of deserve it. I'm beginning to think I was a little too harsh on him last night but every time I try to apologize the words can't seem to make it past my lips.

"Harry," I finally say, because I'm a little angry that he's ignoring me and also because the car ride is extremely boring.

He doesn't even look up from the screen. "What?"

"Never mind," I sigh. I think he knows I only said that just to piss him off because he finally slides his phone back into his pocket and actually looks at me.