Chapter 35

I bolt upright in my bed, sensing another presence in the room. I look around but I don’t see anyone. My eyes widen in horror when I see my bedroom door open, I know that it was closed a few hours ago when I went to bed. I slowly sit up in bed, doing another check of my room. Maybe I’m just being paranoid and it was Elena or Jeremy. 

I get out of bed, walking over to my bathroom door and shutting it. I make sure my windows are locked before walking out into the hallway. I hear the creak of floorboards, letting me know that someone is out and about right now. I walk towards Jeremy’s room, peeking in like a stalker to see if he’s asleep. He’s out. I frown when I hear a floorboard creek right behind me. 

I spin around, and scream slightly when I see a man standing behind me. The man cries out also, almost dropping his…cereal bowl? I look at the man closer and realize it’s Ric… only in his boxers, eating cereal.

“Aria, uh…” Ric stutters, trying to cover himself up with his hands. Eew, I don’t need to see my history teacher without clothes on. 

“I thought I heard something, so I got up to check it out. Apparently I did hear something…” I smirk slightly, giving Ric a knowing look. 

Ric laughs nervously, looking down at the ground. Jenna joins him on the stairs, only wearing Ric’s shirt and a pair of underwear. “That was us. Sorry.” Jenna smiles awkwardly, looking super embarrassed. 

“So…how long have you too been hooking up?” I tease, giving them an amused look. 

“No, we’re not talking about this Aria.” Jenna shakes her head vigorously, blushing bright red. 

“Well, I’m naked so I’m just going to go.” Ric announces causing me to laugh, as he hurriers to Jenna’s room. I give Jenna a little smirk before heading back into my room, shutting the door behind me. 

I look at my bed for a second before letting out a little laugh. I’m glad Jenna and Ric are together now, I hope they’re extremely happy. I was probably just being paranoid before, the wind blew it open or something. My windows were open. I get back into bed and fall asleep easily. 

———————————————-

I flip the page of my book, rolling my eyes when the main character does another stupid, idiotic thing. Why is it always female characters doing the stupid things? It annoys me so much, and I just want to punch there nonexistent face. 

I hear the doorbell ring, but I don’t bother getting up, knowing Elena is probably already on it. I turn back to my book, ready to read about more stupidity. 

“Hello there.” a voice whispers in my ear, causing me to scream and practically fly off the sofa. I spin around, glaring at my boyfriend while he just smirks at me. 

“What the freaking hell Damon?! You scared the shit out of me!” I yell, slapping his chest. He laughs, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him. I keep my glare up and my hands secured down at my side, I will not give in to him. 

“Oh come on Aria, it was pretty funny.” he grins, reaching up and pulling my hair out of its messy ponytail. “Much better.” Seriously? He just had to do that didn’t he?

“Damon, Aria we have things to discuss.” Stefan scolds, standing outside of the living room with Elena. Elena is trying to contain her glare, seeing Damon hold me. Jeez, isn’t she over that by now?

“What things?” I demand, finally able to push away from Damon.

“We visited Katherine.” Stefan states, and that is all it takes for me to practically sprint to the kitchen to sit down. I know that I’ve already heard what Katherine had to say but the boys could have gotten more out of her. She does like them better or at least Stefan.