Chapter 32

I watch from my spot on the steps as Jeremy and Matt help Jenna in, leading her over to the couch. I tune out of what there saying, not really caring that much. I…um… haven’t been doing well these past few days. I haven’t really talked to Damon since the night Jenna stabbed herself. I’ve actually been avoiding him. I’ve been avoiding everyone. I feel so guilty and stupid. 

I look up startled as Jeremy takes a seat next to me, “Hey, Jer.” I greet, looking back down at the step. 

“Hey, I think I know something that will get you out of this mood you have been in for days.” Jeremy smirks, but I see the worry in his eyes. Great, my little brother is worrying over me now. 

“That’s not possible.” I shrug.

“Oh yeah it is.” Jeremy grins, leaning closer to whisper in my ear. “Don’t tell Elena about this but… we’re going to kill Katherine at the masquerade ball tonight. I’m going over to the boarding house now so if you want in on the action, I can give you a ride.”

I look up at Jeremy, with a questioning look. “How are you going to do that? She’s like a billion years old. It’s practically a suicide mission.” I sigh. 

“Not if you have three vampires, a vampire hunter, a witch, and two humans.” Jeremy smirks again, a mischievous glint in his eyes. Should I worry that my little brother is so eager to kill someone. Nah…

This sparks my interest, causing me to smirk back at him. “What are we waiting for?” I will not be left out of this. I want to see Katherine, turn all grey and veiny. I so want to kick her dead ass. That sounds weird…Never mind.  

I guess I’m not done playing her game yet because tonight I make the final move. And I really like to win.

————————————————-

I look at all the weapons laying in front of me, with an amused expression. “Do I even want to know why you have so many weapons? Or is it just a hunter thing? Like on Supernatural in Sam and Dean’s car.” I question to Ric, who looks up from the weapons. 

“Super what?” he asks, with a dumbfounded expression. 

“Nothing.” I say quickly not wanting to go fangirl in the middle of the living room. If I start to explain to him what it is, I don’t know if I’ll be able to stop.

“Hey, Ari. Can we talk for a minute?” I choose to ignore him, and just look down at the weapons. I try to act interested so he’ll leave. “Come on Aria, I know you don’t care about the weapons.” Damon sighs. 

I turn around, looking into his blue eyes that I refuse to get lost in right now. “What?”

Damon looks over at Alaric hesitantly and Ric gets the picture, picking up a stake and heading towards Caroline. “Why have you been ignoring me? I’ve called and texted. I’m worried about you Aria. Hell, Elena called me. That’s how worried she is.” Damon frowns. 

“Great, at least you two talk now.” I smile coldly, trying to keep my expression neutral. 

“Aria, you need to talk to me.” Damon insists. 

“No I don’t, okay? I don’t need to talk to you, nor do I want to. So can you please leave me the hell alone?” I glare trying to walks away from him but he catches my arm. 

“Is this because of what happened while you were drunk. Are you embarrassed?” he questions. 

“Yes!” I yell and when everyone in the room looks over at us, I lower my voice. “Yes I am embarrassed Damon. I haven’t acted like that since my parents died. I tried to forget about my breakdown but looking at you…it doesn’t help. I’m trying to get my emotions under control so please, I beg you, just… give me some space.” I pull away from his grip heading over to Caroline. She looks at me with a worried expression, having heard my conversation with Damon. Ugh, vampires and their damn hearing abilities. “Haven’t you heard Care? Eavesdropping is rude.” I growl, causing her to look away guiltily. I’m being harsh but I’m not in a very good mood. It seems like I’m never in a good mood anymore.