Chapter 8: back to school, oh joy

Amelia's POV

I woke up with a dull ache...everywhere. The sharpest pain was in my side though. I groaned, and rolled over, then winced. I really didn't want to go to school but...I had already skipped a day, and if I skipped anymore the school might send someone around to check up on me.

So I painfully got up, bandaged my bruised, possibly fractured ribs, and put on the baggiest most comfortable clothes I could find. After sneaking out of the house, I made my way down the street, carefully looking around for either Dean or Richard. I didn't want to see either of them today, though avoiding Dean might be close to impossible.

After walking (painfully. /very/ painfully) to school, I saw K waving her hand at me, dragging me away before I could walk into the school. It took all my self control not to let out a whimper in pain. Today her eyes where an electric blue, and looked a bit like ice. Once we got around the corner, she turned to me and said "Dean has been looking for you."

I blinked. I think that was the least she's ever said at one time. Wait..."Prince?" She looked at me and shook her head. "Of course! There is only one Dean!" Before I could tell her that there where more people than just him with that name, and it didn't automatically mean Prince, she began to tell me that he had approached her the other day.

When she had finished her story, complete with what he was wearing, (why would I want to know that?) she leaned back as though expecting some big reaction. Sorry, until 4 weeks from now no big reactions allowed*. I just nodded, and asked "Is there a back door?" She looked at me kinda funny, then said "yeah, but why would you want to steal anything from the school? I mean there aren't any students to pickpocket and the licker rooms are locked and-" I cut her off.

"I have no idea what you think I was going to do, but I'm trying to avoid Dean. So will you go in the front and cover for me?" I hoped she would just do it. There were about 15 minutes left till class, so if he came looking for me he would probably find me cause I don't know the school like him.

"Well, sure. Why not. Go my spy friend!!!" She called running towards the front of the building. I sighed and walked towards the back. Seriously, what goes on in her mind?

After successfully /entering/ (I refuse to say infiltrate like K would have) the school, I headed towards what I hoped was my locker. As the case was, I ended up in the library. Frustrated, I turned sharply to search some more when I ran into someone. Next thing I knew I was on the ground (my ribs hurting like being burned at the stake) and a hand was reaching down, obviously intended to help me up.

I glanced to see who the hand belonged to, fearing the worst, but relaxed when it was a guy with thin rimmed glasses and short brown hair. I grasped his hand and he pulled me up, me wincing slightly. Once I was on my feet he apologized, smiling a bit showing braces. "Are you okay?" He questioned, and I replied "yeah, I'm used to falling down. I'm kinda clumsy, haha."

"Well my name is Ashton." He said, pulling an earphone out of his ear (didn't even notice those...) "what's yours?" "Oh, it's Amelia. And I was wondering...could you maybe tell me which way the sophomore lockers are?" He laughed, and said "I'll just take you there. Need to drop something off at my locker anyway."

So he was a sophomore to huh. I agreed, and we began to walk. He wasn't in any of my classes, but seemed pretty nice. As we approached my locker, a girl suddenly came out of no where, grabbed his headphones, (they are those Bluetooth kind) and ran off laughing. He shook his head, and yelled "I'm going to need those back!" I looked at him curiously, and asked "who is she?" "Oh," he laughed "that's my girlfriend Gracey. She is always stealing my headphones cause she loves my music." I nodded, and he then asked if I could find it from here. When I said yes, he ran off after his girlfriend shouting back at me to have a nice day. Well they were an interesting couple...

After stopping off at my locker, I made my way to my classroom. Sadly, I never made it. Walking by a janitor's closet I was pulled in. Oh irony.

I thrashed around a bit, but that just my ribs. So I decided to see what whoever this person was wanted. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding?...my hopes were dashed when a familiar voice filled me with dread "what was with that guy in the park?"

A/N: so that's it...please comment

No, jk couldn't do that to yall. On with the story!!!

Dean's hand slowly released my mouth, and I bit out "wow, if you were going to kidnap me at least give me candy!" He chuckled (oh gosh...that sound was ama- no! Stop thinking!) he became serious again as he repeated his question. "what was with that guy in the park?"
I knew I couldn't get out without an answer...I could either say I ran over his puppy and he wanted revenge, or he is my cheating ex boyfriend who can't let go and knows my dad betas me. Hmm...the choice is obvious.

I opened my mouth as if to speak, and then screamed as loud as I could "RAPE!!!! SOMEONE HELP I'M BEING RAPED!!!" He snapped his hand back over my mouth, eyes widening in fear. All of the sudden from the other side off the the door there was what sounded like...a war cry?

"KYAAAAAAA!!!!!" The door flew open and a familiar figure as standing in the doorframe...oh yeah, it was Ashton's girlfriend....Gracey maybe? "STEP AWAY FROM THE GIRL!" She yelled, and threateningly stepped towards Dean. Even though she was a good 4 inches shorter than him, he backed up a bit eyes wide in fear. I had to bite back a laugh.

"Gracey? Why are you yelling! What did you do now? Where are my headphones?" Ashton came around the corner and stopped in surprise. He just walked over and said "hey, you may wanna run." As it was, Dean took off, running around Gracey, not looking back. They both burst out laughing, and highfived, before Gracey grinned at me. "Nice work playing the rape card. Works every time." And then the bell rang, people began to trickle towards their classes, and Gracey ran off again, Ashton chasing her still shouting about his headphones.

I decided that for the rest of today, I would try to avoid excitement at all costs. But of course, that meant that I just jinxed myself...

*it takes like 3-6 weeks to heal a fractured rib

A/N: I know, two updates within a few days. I must be sick. Naw, just really excited. Richard is going to- ah, no spoilers, sorry. This is a relatively long chapter I would say...but mabye it's just me XD now for those of you who aren't following me, I wanted to let you know that I am looking for a new cover for the new girl and (hah, new, new, get it? No? Sorry) if you make one and I chose it, then you will get a shout out and an appearance in this story. Sure you may just be saving heart from rape like I did, but you will be in there! So PM me, or you can kik me, username is Baka_LG. I think that's all, so I hope you lovelies have a wonderful nimorafting. That is night morning and afternoon altogether. Genius, right? And even if you I don't choose your cover design, I will still mention you. People who can make covers should be worshiped. Like chocolate.
-LG