ONE

I stroll down the sidewalk towards my best friend's house because he insists that I come over right at this moment. I walk into his clean house, thanks to his lovely mother, slip off my shoes, greet Mrs. Lee and walk right up to Taeyong's room. I push open the ajar door and see Taeyong and Doyoung lying on Taeyong's bed together.

"What is the problem that I have to come over right away?" I ask.

The two boys look at one another and then to me. "Taeyong broke up with his girlfriend," Doyoung says.

I shrug my shoulders. "That also happened two months ago, what's different about this time?" I wonder.

Taeyong and I have been friends since elementary school. He's been a player since day one.

"Actually, I kind of liked this one," Taeyong mumbles.

"That's what you said about Jiyeon." I cross my arms and glare down at the two boys.

"Jisoo, there's no reason to bring up his ex-girlfriend," Doyoung comments.

"Yes there is."

"That's something we aren't suppose to talk about," Taeyong states.

I nod, since he's not wrong. I shift my eyes over to the faded red haired boy. Taeyong is hugging a pillow to his chest as he looks at Doyoung. I know that I should cheer up Taeyong since he seems a little upset about this week's break up. I feel kind of bad that his relationships never last longer than four months because everyone thinks he's a playboy, I mean he is, but he really cares about all of his girlfriends.

I reach down and slap Taeyong's foot causing him to look to me. "Get up," I demand.

"Not now, I'm too upset to go anywhere," he scoffs.

"Fine," I sigh. I yank Doyoung up from the bed and begin to walk out of his room. "I'll just buy Doyoung your favorite coffee and pastry pairing."

I hear Taeyong sit up in his bed. "I'll come! Wait for me downstairs!" Taeyong shouts.

"I knew I could get you to come. See you in a bit," I say. I let go of Doyoung's arm and the two of us go down to put on our shoes.

"Are you two going home?" Mrs. Lee asks.

I shake my head. "I'm treating Taeyong and Doyoung to some coffee," I answer. I slip on my Converse and look back at Mrs. Lee.

She claps her hands together and smiles at me. "I'm so happy you're taking Taeyong out of the house. He's been moping all day long! Do you know what has him down?"

Doyoung and I stare at one each other. I gesture for him to answer the question, since I'm going to spend money on him. Doyoung sighs and looks to Mrs. Lee. "His girlfriend broke up with him," he says, simplifying the situation for the older woman.

"Oh," she gets silent for a moment. "Is he fine?"

"Mom, don't worry about me. I'll be fine," Taeyong says. He strolls over to us and puts on his shoes. "I'll be back before dinner."

His mom waves to us and then the three of us walk out of his house. We begin to walk to the closest cafe while talking to one another. I receive a call, pull my phone out of my pocket, and answer it. "Hello?"

"Jisoo! What are you doing?" Jaehyun asks.

"I'm currently walking to the cafe with Doyoung and Taeyong," I answer.

"Why?"

"I'm going to buy drinks for them because Taeyong broke up with his girlfriend today."

"Didn't he just get this one? Why did he break up with her?"

"That's a good question with a stupid answer, I bet."

"Ask him," Jaehyun commands.

I glance over to Taeyong and open my mouth. Taeyong puts his finger to my mouth to stop me from asking my question. "It felt like she didn't really want to date me," he answers.

I nod, pat his shoulder and relay his answer to my boyfriend.

"Why did he break up with Jiyeon again?"

"Didn't like her style."

"You know I can hear you, right?" Taeyong says, a little annoyed at me.

"Sorry, we'll stop talking about you and your failed relationships."

My best friend rubs his temple and glares at me. "You could've said you'll stop talking about me."

I lick my lips before smiling at him. "I'll say that next time."

"Thank you."

"Can I join you guys at the cafe?" Jaehyun wonders.

"One moment." I pull my phone away from my ear. "Can Jaehyun join us at the cafe?"

"I don't care as long as you buy my drink and pastry," Taeyong replies.

"I will, don't worry." I glance over to Doyoung, who seems to care a lot more about Jaehyun joining us. "Doyoung?" I call.

He looks down at me with his dark eyes. "It hasn't been the three of us in a long time," he says.

I nod. "That's true. I'll tell him not to come so we can hang out." I smile up at him. I'm slightly upset that Jaehyun can't hang out with us, but my friends come first.

I place my phone back to my ear. "Maybe next time, I think it should just be the three of us. Taeyong just broke up with his girlfriend and he probably doesn't want to be around a couple right now," I say.

"Alright. Have fun with them!" Jaehyun coos. He's words come out in a happy tone, but I can tell that he's a little upset about not being able to come.

"I will. Call you later." We bid goodbye to one another and hang up. I put my phone in my back pocket.

We get to the cafe, the three of us order our drinks and pastries and I pay for everything. We sit at a table and wait for our orders. I sit beside Taeyong. I set my phone on the table as we chat with one another.

"Doyoung, Taeyong and Jisoo, your orders are ready!" The barista calls.

I stand up to go grab my order, but Doyoung waves for me sit down. "I'll get your things," he says.

"Thank you," I say.

The black haired boy returns, hands over my order and sits down across from me. "Thank you."

"No problem." Doyoung smiles as Taeyong sits down next to me with his drink and pastry.

We begin to eat our pastries and drink our coffees, as the three of us catch up with one another, even though we go to the same high school. I get a text from Jaehyun, so I answer him and as I type up my message I feel a pair of eyes staring at me.