Chapter 10

Back in the Man Cave, Ray and Henry were getting into their disguises to finally visit the store supplying the Swellview robbers. It was 11:30pm, half an hour until they would close up shop and head over to Jimmy's Weapons and Machinery. Schwoz sat slumped over the couch, impatiently awaiting the revelations of Henry and Ray in his disguises while they dressed in Ray's room.

"Hurry up!" Schwoz shouted at the two from his spot on the couch. "We don't have all night."

As if on cue, Ray stepped out of his room with a smug smirk on his face. His eyes were shielded with a pair of dark sunglasses and a fake mustache framed his upper lip. His hair was hidden underneath a brown-haired wig that was long and reached his shoulders. A black leather jacket covered his torso and white tee underneath. He walked with his head held high, feeling confident in his disguise.

"What up?" Ray dragged dramatically, his voice altered with Schwoz's button. It came out deep and raspy, almost frightening compared to his normal voice. Schwoz leaned back against the couch after witnessing Ray, crossing his arms in front of his chest with a grin.

"I'm good," Schwoz spoke out loud, acknowledging his work on Ray's disguise.

"Okay, c'mon, Henry," Ray called to his sidekick.

"I don't want to do this," he yelled from Ray's room. "It's so embarrassing."

"Stop being a wuss and come outside!" Schwoz shouted. "We don't have much time before-"

The beeping of the monitors interrupted him. The security camera positioned on the ceiling of the lobby appeared on the screen, showing that someone had entered the store.

"Who would come here so late?" Schwoz asked as he and Ray approached the monitors.

"Who is it?" Henry shouted from Ray's room.

"Dammit, I forgot to turn the sign over to closed on the door," Ray cursed to himself.

"Hello?" Henry called again. "What's going on?"

"It looks like your curly-haired friend," Ray shouted back. Henry gulped. Charlotte?

"What was his name? Jerry? Jackson?" Ray asked. Henry breathed a sigh of relief from Ray's room, then furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Jasper?" he asked his boss. What was he doing here?

"Henry?" Jasper's voice was heard through the monitors. "You here?"

"Henry, get out here already!" Schwoz called him. "Your friend wants you!"

"I can't let him see me dressed like this!" he shouted back. "He'll ask questions!" Ray audibly groaned.

"This is setting us back further in our plan!" Ray complained. "Just go change and see what he wants. Make it quick, then come back so we can leave."

"Okay, okay," he answered. A minute later, he was out and jogging towards the elevator in his usual attire of a hoodie and jeans. When he reached the top, he stepped out of the elevator and walked through the curtain, spotting Jasper as he looked through the odd antiques of the store.

"Hey Jasper," he spoke, approaching him. Jasper turned to meet Henry, a random object in his hands.

"Hey," he replied, looking around the store. "So this is where you work, huh?"

"Yup, this is the one," Henry nodded, stuffing his hands in the front pouch of his hoodie. "So, uh, what are you doing here?"

"It's my mom's birthday tomorrow and I forgot to get her a gift," Jasper explained. "So I thought I'd come here."