4

My mom and I are surprised.
'Why will you and your team be taking over this investigation?'
'There are many reasons why. First of all, we found evidence on the crime scene. Evidence from what we think will bring us far. We have reasons to believe the boy in the video has been taken by force, we also think he is not the only one. Second, we think the police is doing too less about this matter. This is becoming very serious  so we should take this serious. We have received lots of calls from parents and family from the missing people here in the district. And this is not the only district where people disappeared. People over all of Nebula are disappearing and it has to stop. So if anyone knows anything or finds anything, please contact us or the police. The police will give the information to us. That will be all.'
Agent Blackwood says.
'Thank you agent Blackwood. If anyone has seen this man then please contact us.'
A picture of the man I saw in the video shows on screen. I can see my mom looking at me.
'Sweetheart, can you please tell me what happened?' She asks.
'I went to Flower Hill because my phone told me Aidan was there. I found his phone instead. I was looking through his phone for any clue and I found a video. He made it on the day I made you send him away, our anniversary. First he confessed his love for me and then that man showed up. The man we just saw on tv. He and Aidan fought with their bending. He looked horrible. And then he ended the video.'
'God, honey are you okay?'
'No mom, I'm not.  So much has happened lately. It's too much. I just can't believe this is all happening. And now the FBI is taking over the investigation, that means it's really serious. I can't help but worry about my friends.'
'Come here.'
My mom gives me a big hug.
'It's not just your friends.. So many more people are missing and I can't imagine what they're going through because if this happened to you I'd lose it. I'm just glad you're here safe and sound.'
'Thank you mom.'
'Do you still want to watch the movie?'
'Yes, let's watch it. There is nothing I can do anyway. So I think it's best if I have some distraction right now. Tomorrow is a new day to worry.'
'Do you want to go to school tomorrow?'
'Yes, it's going to be friday. That's just one day before weekend. I'll go to school.'
'Come home it it's going to be too much for you, okay?'
'I will mom.'
Mom puts on this movie called:  Me before you. It's an old movie but she loves it. She told me it's one of her favourites. When the movie has ended I'm in tears. Poor Louisa! I feel for her. I'll get the book on my e-book tomorrow. I'd love to read it. I look at the time and see that it's 9:23 PM. I tell my mom good night and make my way to my room. I change into my pyjamas and get some sleep.

'Yaraaaa... Yaraaaa...'
'Yes I'm here. You have to tell me who you are.'
'Yaraaa... You have to help them..'
'You keep saying that but I don't know how. Tell me how and I'll help them!'
'You know how.. '
'No I don't..'
'You will..'

Beep beep beep. Beep beep beep. I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to going to school today. I slowly get up and go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and brush my hair. I walk back to my room and grab a pair of jeans and a t-shirt out of my closet. I dress up, pack my bag and walk down the stairs. I put on my shoes  and grab my car keys.
'Bye mom!'
'See you later sweetie. Oh wait! I got called by the headmaster after I informed the receptionist that you'll be attending school today. He said you have to stop by the receptionist for your locker. She will tell you which one you got and give you the code to reset it.'
'Thanks mom.'
I walk to my car and get in. First day after everything.  It's been chaos but well, I'm going to get through this. Lots of things have been rebuilt again and so is the school. I would have looked forward to going there again but since Aidan and Davina will not be accompanying me, the excitement  is nowhere to be found. I sigh and look at the time.  It's 8:15 AM. I better drive to school now or else I'm going to be late. I drive to school and park my car. I walk towards the receptionist.
'Good morning, I'm Yara Gonzalez and I was informed I had to pick up the code here to reset my locker.'
'Good morning, yes that's right. You have locker 777 and this is the code to reset it.'
She hands me the paper with the code.
'Thank you.'
I make my way towards the lockers and search mine. When I found it I type in the code.
'Welcome, please type your name and password.' A female voice says.
It's from the locker. Name: Yara Gonzalez. Password: ScienceForever.
'Welcome Yara Gonzalez, we will begin with analysing your face and then your body, please stay put and do not move.'
It starts scanning my face and then my body until it's done. It shows an exact copy of me.
'Very well done, remember your password. It's your back up for when the scanners fail to recognize you. Fail to fill in your password correctly 3 times and the account will be blocked and you will not be able to have access to your locker anymore.'
After the introduction my locker opens and I put in the stuff I don't need. History is my first class so that's where I'll go. When I arrive I take my seat and wait for the other students to arrive so that our class can begin.
'Good morning everyone.' Teacher Griffin says.
'Good morning.' Everyone else says.
'Today we will be talking about the 21st century. Does anyone know something important about that century? Maya, do you know?'
'Yes.. ehm.. America and Russia, they built these towers and special guns.'
'Correct, and in which year was that Kevin?'
'2096?'
'Incorrect, do you know which year that was, Yara?'
'2103'
'Correct. Do you also know what happened exactly?'
'America was building a new weapon to control gravity. First they invented the tower which worked on plants and vines from another planet which contained massive energy.  The tower was meant for the next invention to work anywhere. The next invention was the gun. The gun also contained a piece of the plants and vines. It could shoot a beam of the energy and if you shot on a person then the gravity was gone and you'd float in the sky.  It was the intention of President Harrison to invent something that nobody succeeded in. He never meant to use it for evil activities. President Harrison wanted to build more in other countries and he succeeded. In Italy and Chile one was built. The president of Russia wanted one as well and president Harrison agreed. President Annushka hsd other plans with the inventions though. She wanted them to use it on people and kill them. After  a tower was built in Russia, scientists studied it and tried to make another one. That one had a malfunction so when they turned the tower on together with the other towers in America, Italy and Chile it caused the world they knew to change forever.'
'And how did the world change exactly?'
'It changed into the world we know today. Continents shifted, clashed, drifted apart. Billions of people died. Tectonic plates changed and the seas changed, the currents changed. Because of the malfunction the energy that radiated over the world went overdrive and then a new world was born.'
'Very well done.'
'Miss Griffin, why didn't they turn the towers off?' A classmate asks.
'The towers contained a lot of energy from plants they found on another planet that couldn't just be shut off. It couldn't be tamed. The radiated energy went crazy and first there were lots of earthquakes and then it for worse. The energy levels escalated and the towers couldn't contain that. They blew, unleashing lots of destructive power and anyone nearby those towers died. It's been chaos and nobody knew what to do until this woman stood up. Who was this woman, Julia?'
'Vanessa Peterson.'
'Correct. And who was she?'
'She stood up when nobody knew what to do. She inspired others to help and create order out of chaos. Together with a few others she helped the new continent become better. She soon learned from satellites how the world has become. She spent most of her years helping the other 3 continents and when people got chosen to lead they decided those are not continents but countries.'
'Who were the other leaders, Peter?'
'Arya Jackson, Lucia Gomez and Luca Donovan.'
'Correct. This is a very big and important subject. But there is another very important subject that also reshaped the world. Does anyone know what it is?'
I hold up my hand.
'Yes Yara.'
'The water disaster of 2053.'
'Will you enlighten us on the subject?'
'There had been problems concerning global warming already for quite the years. People chose to ignore it though. When they realised it was already too late. The Antarctic melted together with other ice. The water rose too high and countries weren't able to stop it. The Netherlands was first too be flooded. And soon every country at the coast followed. Little was left of those countries. Very few survivors. It opened the eyes of people. Scientists had discovered an earth-like planet which could be inhabited. They let people volunteer to go there and start a new life as soon as it was ready. It took them 10 years to make the planet ready and in those 10 years the world had made a big change already. No more cars, planes and scooters on gas but on electricity. No more burning fossil fuels. They treated the environment better. Plastic got forbidden and all the plastic that was left until the last piece got recycled into material to build houses. They started cleaning the ocean and when the earth like planet was ready 40% of the world population got sent there in hibernation to travel 88 years. When they were gone they destroyed houses to plant new trees so that the earth could become more green again. A disaster like that wasn't allowed to happen again.'
'Correct. Enough talking, I want you to read the first chapter of the disaster in 2053 and do the exercises of that chapter. You can make a start until the bell rings.' Our teacher says.  
This topic has always been interesting to me.  I start with the exercises. There are 8. When the bell rings I'm at exercise 5. I put my laptop back in my bag and leave for my next class: chemistry.  I take a seat and place my laptop in front of me. We are busy with a project. Crystals are made of something but beside that they seem to have another gift. I went to Brazil to get crystals. I've been studying them. I think they have high energy levels and that they each have a power. What if we could use crystals in hospitals? What if they could be a new form of medicine? I take my research in front of me and reviews from people who have been using crystals. There has been this case of a woman who's chance on getting pregnant was very low. Rose quartz is said to be for fertility. She decided to use the crystal and it worked. She was able to get pregnant after a few months. Of course I can't just believe this so I asked for her files and doctor appointments and information. Everything I need. There have been more cases with other crystals. I find this topic and research very interesting. I love to work on it.  Time flies and the bell rings once more. I save my progress and put my laptop back in my bag.  Next class is physics. When I arrive at the classroom I feel like the Aidan's empty seat is staring at me. He and I always sit next to each other at physics. Best partners ever.  I feel so sad suddenly. I take my seat and as the class begins I'm unable to concentrate. When the teacher tells us  we can start with the exercises he walks up to me.
'Everything alright Yara?' He asks.
'No, not really.'
'What's the matter?'
'With everything going on I just can't concentrate.  This empty seat next to me is proof that Aidan is really missing. It's just hard to deal with.'
'I understand. There are more students who go through the same thing as you right now. So some teachers decided it's time a professional came here to help students with this. If you want I'll let you leave to go to her office. Have a talk. I wouldnt want you to fail this class or any other class.'
'That would be great, thank you.'
'You can pack your stuff. I'll see you next week.'
I pack my stuff and leave the classroom. As I'm walking  towards the hallway I realise I forgot to ask where her office is.  I also don't know her name. I decide to go to the principal's office. I knock on the door and he tells me to come in.
'Ah hello Yara, how can I help you?'
'Ehm.. my physics teacher told me about a professional for some kind of therapy. For the ones who ehm.. have a hard time dealing with everything that's going on.'
'Ah yes, that must be Mrs. Alvarez. Her office is on the second floor.'
'Thank you.'
I close the door behind me and make my way to the stairs. When I'm on the second floor I search for her office. I see her name on the door so my guess is that that's her office. I knock on the door and wait for an answer.
'Come on in.' She says.
I open the door and get in.
'You must be Yara. I'm Mrs. Alvarez.'
'Yes, ehm. Can I ask? How do you know my name?'
'Your physics teacher gave me a heads up.'
'Ah right.'
'So with what exactly can I help you today?'
'I've been having quite a difficult time. It started with this ehm change. Yet it didn't happen to me. And ehm.. to my friends it did and I have felt quite the outsider to be honest.. well ehm.. anyway.. that's not for what I've come here..'
'It always begins somewhere Yara. I would love you to continue from there. It will help me understand things better.'
'Ehm well.. the day I decided that I spent enough time ignoring them, my friends..'
'Davina and Aidan, right?'
'Yes.. well I went looking for them but they weren't home. In fact their parents hadn't seen them for a few days and assumed they were with me. I went looking for them in places they might have been but they were nowhere to be found.'
'So what did you do?'
'I went to the police and reported them missing. And Then I found out there were many more missing. I couldn't really sleep and then I came on the idea of this track application. I was able to track Aidan's phone and so I found it.'
'So you were the one who found the crime scene. I can understand that has been heavy on you.'
'Yeah.. thats true. I found a video on his phone. I saw what happened on there. I feel quite useless. I can't do anything to help my friends.'
'That's not true Yara. Because of what you found it has been confirmed the kids are kidnapped. FBI took over and I'm sure they're doing everything they can to find all those kids back.'
'Yeah I suppose so. I just feel so empty. I also have these strange dreams and I'm just not able to get any sleep. It's all very frustrating. I don't know what to do.'
'Tell me about those dreams.'
'There is this darkness. There is a voice calling out for me. It tells me I have to help them. The voice won't tell me anything else. I don't know to who this voice belongs to. It doesn't tell me how to help them. It drives me crazy.'
'Well I can help you with one thing at least. There is a group. With that group you can tell what has happened to you which is similar to the stories from the others. You can find support with them and with me. You're not alone in this. With the dreams I will have to send you to a psychologist if you're up to it. So what do you think?
'The group is fine. It might help. What will the psychologist do? How can she or he possibly help me?'
'She will analyse your dreams and together you are going to figure out what they mean and after how he or she can help you.'
'Can she help me sleep better?'
'Most likely.'
'I'll think about it. Can you for now just schedule me with the group? I would like to try that first.'
'Of course. Next session is Wednesday at 3 PM. I'll see you then.'
I thank her for the talk and leave her office. I decide to stop by the infirmary. I want to go home.
'Hello what can I do for you?'
'I can't concentrate. I don't feel well. I would like to go home.'
'What's your name dear?'
'Yara Gonzalez.'
'Well I'm going to examine you first. What are your complaints?' She asks as she checks my eyes.
'Mostly emotional stuff. And beside that I have trouble sleeping.'
She measures my temperature.
'Your temperature and eyes are fine at least.'
She listens to my heartbeat and measures my blood pressure.
'Heartbeat rate is normal but your blood pressure is a bit low. I will give you some sleeping pills and I recommend to eat a meal with enough iron. I will inform the receptionist you'll be having a sick leave. Be better soon.'
'Thank you.'
She gives me the pills and then I can leave. I enter the parking lot and walk to my car.
'Hey Yara!'
I turn around and see one of my physics classmates.
'What's the matter? Your grades descending so badly? Or missing Aidan?'
'Mind your own business Sven.' I say.
'Now don't be walking away like a coward. Since when does Yara Gonzalez leave from school.  Aidan must have a big impact on you. Well we are glad he is gone!'
'Quit it Sven.'
I continue walking but somebody grabs my arm. I look up and see Sven's face.
'Or what.' He says.
'Or you'll regret it.' I say.
I am getting angry.
'Now let me go.' I say.
'Alright.'
He let's go of my wrist finally. I continue walking to my car.
'I don't understand what you see in Aidan anyway! Look at me. Ain't I what you want? Aidan isn't enough for you Yara. I can give you everything you ever wished for. Don't be with someone like Aidan. He is nobody!'
I drop my bag and I turn around.
'Now you've done too far!'
I get so angry and I feel the ground rumble beneath my feet. My hands become fists and I feel them burn. I hit Sven in the face and he screams. I see a big red burned spot. I look at my hands and they're on fire. I don't feel anything..
'What are you doing Yara? How can you bend 2 elements?!'
I made the earth rumble and shake? I look at my hands and the fire disappears.  I look up and Sven and his friends are running away. Oh god what have I done.. I grab my bag and get in my car and get home as soon as possible. When I get home I rush to the bathroom. I wash my hands and take my clothes off. I see no symbol on my arm. Then how? I didn't dream this did I. Maybe I did. I must be so tired. I decide to take a shower. I take off all of my clothes and turn the shower on. Before I get in I turn my head around and then I see it. My tattoo. It's a big one on my back. I walk back to the mirror and I turn around. All 4 symbols of the elements under each other.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My apologies for taking so long to finish this chapter. It's been a lot of history and hard to explain. I'm glad it's finally done though.  Some issues in real life took place but here it finally is. I hope you enjoy!

-Sellibel