Ch. 4 The Order

Tempus dashes from the apartment building to get away from that horrible sight. Poor little Indy, she thought. I loved that boy so much. She never thought that something like this would happen, but it must obviously means something. She must turn to Time to understand what is happening.

After she is out of the building, she leans against the wall of it, still thinking about the scene just a few floors above her. She is so sickened by even the thought of it. You’d think for someone as old and wise as her wouldn’t be bothered by something like that by now, but her feelings are just as sensitive as they’ve always been. She’s hurt and things like this will always have an effect on her.

Tempus pulls herself together enough for her to teleport. She couldn’t wait to get far away from that place. She wants to put it aside for right now because she has something she needs to do.

She teleports herself to the cave she was born in so long ago. Surprisingly, it is still there. It hasn’t even changed, probably because her birth here could’ve effected it’s ability to morph and erode into something else. It would most likely have been a mountain by now.

Striding into the darkness of the opening, the floor below her hard and smooth, no mud or rocks in her way. The path is completely clean and set for her to walk. It takes several minutes to get to her destination, with all the curves and turns, also being atleast a mile long into the massive rock.

Tempus reaches the center of the cave where it opens up in a circle, surrounded by gray, jagged walls and a hole in the ceiling, shining the sunlight through to give her illumination. Even the pond was still as it is, sitting in a small area of her birthplace. 

The place never changed.

Now the woman waits for Time to reveal itself. She thinks about calling out for it, but remains silent. Patience is a virtue and Tempus knows Time will come to her when it needs to. She just stands there, thinking about what that murder earlier that day could've meant. Tempus even wonders about what Time will look like. Never has she laid her eyes on it in real life.

Not too long in wait, the woman hears a small ringing sound, like the sound you hear when it’s absolutely quiet and there’s nothing else for your ears to hear except deadly silence. It’s the loudest thing in the world and she believes that it’s only her human body picking it up, but that sound continues to grow.

It’s not coming from a certain spot, but from everywhere. Tempus turns around several times standing in the middle of the room and looks for a sign or something. Nothing comes out until she faces the wall opposite of the room’s door.

A small, almost clear, light is directly in front of her, just slightly above her head. It gets bigger, stretching in all directions until it touches each wall and all the way up to the ceiling, covering the hole and blocking out the sunshine. Time can only fit itself just a little bit in this room, it seems too small for it.

Tempus chuckles, not noticing how funny it was to watch Time itself try to squeeze it’s way into the cave. It might just put too much pressure on the rock, but it will be stable for now.

What it looks like in the cave, or what Tempus believes it looks like, is a huge wall of sparkling light, almost like a diamond, except it’s always moving. Like bright waves pressed against two pieces of glass, reflecting off every single color of the rainbow in tiny spectacles. It is difficult to describe, for there aren’t many words that could fit it’s beauty.

It is so amazing to look at with all the lights bouncing off the jagged walls of the room, it looks like you’re at a disco and you feel like dancing to the resonance of the beautiful ringing that Time sounds like. When you’re near it, you feel so happy and light and free with no desire to do anything but feel euphoric, joyful, and, well for lack of a better word, good.