Ch. 2 Today

Since the beginning, millennia and eras have passed by. Evil has gotten stronger, but so has Tempus. She has kept herself trained, perceptive, and extremely sharp. She has taught many lessons, some small and some large. She has even taught in small schools to young students.

Tempus has had apprentices, to pass on the word of good to the rest of the world. Some of her larger lessons involve solving the problems of war between countries and teaching them about how greed and grudges are nothing to fight one another for. She has brought much peace to the world. Through the different religions she has created and some cultures she has proposed to humanity, she has educated many people. 

Though she did not create all the religions and cultures. Some evildoers have made some of their own and therefore, is passing on more evil. Times are getting tougher and tougher for Tempus. She is doing the best she can. She is only a piece of Time and has limitations to her powers. Some days she has as much power to feed and entire country, but it wears out her powers and becomes weak for days at a time. If she was in a different world without this much evil, she would not fall so weak. Even after she saw those images in the beginning, half or her hair turned black because of all the evil that she saw in the world. It had an effect on her in a way she wouldn’t think would happen.

Today, the planet is eating itself alive. War is breaking out in almost all of the countries. The most peaceful place she could live in is America. The people are easy to teach because they also want peace, though there are many, many others in this area that are still bringing evil. Difficulty, you could say, cannot begin to fathom her attempts at trying to break this curse. It is tiring her, but she still has faith in this world somehow. She has even told lies to the world about certain events to keep it safe and sane, to educate them something within their selves even if they don’t know it.

Modern times involve lots of new inventions like cars, cell phones, computers, and other pieces of advanced technology. Tempus believes that it’s because of all this technology that the world is pulling itself apart. So many people want it and are literally doing anything they can to get it for themselves. People are selling drugs for money, some are killing people to get more money. It is all about the money in this era. Humans are doing horrific things these days and it’s all just to buy expensive bits of technology. What a stupid thing to do, she thinks. Surely the humans won’t stay this way for long.

At the moment, Tempus is tracking a thief that is following a rich woman into a garage under an office building in Atlanta, Georgia. It may be a small task, but it has been a long week for her, trying to train apprentices and stop a gang from committing mass murder in some sort of important building she couldn’t remember the name of. Now, she has figured out everything he has and what she is planning to do.

He is wearing a gray covered hoodie with his hands inside the pockets, which means he is carrying a knife. The pockets are too small for a gun and no one carries a glock as their main weapon, only as a back up. She has never seen it used solely for that purpose. If he were carrying a glock, it would be in his boot, but he is wearing tennis shoes and wouldn’t be able to hold it in there. Tennis shoes were a bad idea anyway, they’re too easy to track with the grips on the bottom. He is also wearing tight jeans, which is also an easy target because it’s easy to see if he’s hiding any extra weapons, but from the view, there is nothing bulging out of the back pockets.

This guy is obviously new at this. He has also made the biggest mistake any rookie would make: follow someone in front of the public during the day. The person they are pursuing would easily tell if they’re being followed. The rich woman knows this and is quickly trying to get to the garage, but he’s faster of course and walks the same pace she does. It was so easy for Tempus to spot while she was on her way to a meeting with her apprentices. She had to stop it, it was her duty.