Chapter Two - "Everything would be normal again."

Chapter Two

"Everything would be normal again."

After a while Louis stood up and turned off the shower. He got out of the shower and grabbed a towel from the small shelf under the sink. Afterwards he wrapped it around his hips and finger combed his hair back.

Louis looked up and saw himself in the mirror. When he saw his own reflection, he grimaced and almost looked away again. He looked like shit. Complete and utter shit.

Louis looked at his own reflection. No wonder Harry practically fled the bed earlier this morning. He probably would've done the same. With a grim look, he grabbed the extra fat at his stomach that he never seemed to get rid of. Somewhere along the way he had given up on fighting for a better figure, he had just accepted he would never be thin.

Well, he wouldn't exactly say he's “fat”, but he had always wished to be just that bit thinner. But he knew that no matter how hard he tried, he would never be thin enough for Harry.

Frustrated, Louis turned away from the mirror and opened the bathroom door. He then went into the empty room and looked at the mess in front of him.

There were clothes all over the floor, the looked like a bomb had exploded on it and if Louis' eyes didn't fail him he could see a small hole in the wall.

Because of his memory loss he couldn't remember how that got there, but he was sure it had something to do with him and Harry.

Sighing, Louis turned to his wardrobe and pulled out some pants, a black pair of sweatpants and a grey pullover. While he was putting on his clothes, he thought about his and Harry's friendship.

The two boys had met first in preschool, on their first day. Louis always thought back to this day with a fond smile.

But mom, I don't want to!” Louis shouted. His mother sighed. “Oh come on, Louis. I'm sure it'll be great! You'll have loads of other kids around you, and I'm sure you'll find lots of friends there!” But Louis only shook his head stubbornly. He didn't want to be seperated from his mother!

No!” Louis' mom sighed. Finally, she lifted her son up (with his comfort blanket that he just didn't want to leave at home) and carried him to the preschool entrance. Louis protested, but it was useless.

A few minutes later Louis found himself in a huge room with loads of other children running around and screaming at each other, which made the noise almost unbearable.

Louis' mother put him down on the floor and kneeled down in front of him. “Okay, Louis. I know you don't want this but I'll have to leave you alone now because I have to go to work. Also, you've always assured me that you're a big boy!”

Louis was close to tears. Why wouldn't his mother understand that he only wanted to go home?

I'll pick you up later. Promise you'll be nice, okay?” Louis nodded and watched his mother give him a kiss and then disappear out of the room.