Chapter 12: Meeting&Graduation

*Jahmaines POV*

1st August

Today Laila was going to have another meeting with a possible spouse. I just prayed that this time It went well, because last time was just horrific. I didn't want anything to go wrong seeing as Amiras graduating in a few days Inshallah.

Raheem was in the front room with his Dad, Lailas Dad and me, while Laila was in the kitchen with her parents and Amira.

"How does she look?" Raheem asked

"She's pretty slim and tall" I said

"How tall?, Im only 5 foot 10" Raheem said

"He gets the shortness from his mum" his dad said

I then smirked "she is very tall" I said, Raheems eyes then widened which made me and his Dad laugh.

"Like how tall?" he asked

"I don't know, I haven't measured her have I?" I said "She's around 5 foot 6" I added which calmed him down.

"Phew, what else?" he said

"Your going to see her in a moment so you will find out for yourself" I said

"I'm just curious" Raheem said "Is she fat?" he asked

"Son you will see her, be patient" Raheems Dad said

"thank you" I said agreeing with his father.

"I promise you, you will not be dissapointed" Lailas dad said.

we waited for a few more minutes as we talked about total nonsense, until Laila came in with Amira and her mum and dad.

I turn around and surprisidely saw Amira wearing a Niqab, she never usually wore a Niqab, why was she wearing It today. This women was so crazy. But Mashallah still.

She then came and sat next to me.

Everyone then greeted eachother and Laila began a conversation, I was surprised this time she was very confident.

"Why are you wearing that?" I whispered to Amira.

"Well ummm...It was just sitting in my wadrobe and I thought, hey why not?" she said,

"Naah, Im not buying It" I said

"I live near the mosque, next to the traffic lights" Laila said

"Ooh she's already telling him where she lives" I whispered to Amira, she then nudged me but I could tell she was smirking under her scarf.

"shut up" she whispered

"Oh my auntie lives around there too" Raheem said "she works In the corner shop"

"Is she called Fatuma by any chance?" Laila asked

"Yes" Raheem said "Do you know her?" he asked

"Yeah, she always gives me free magazines" Laila said smiling, and Im pretty sure I saw her blushing.

"Same here" Raheem said smiling, gosh I could tell these lot loved eachother already. We all then carried on talking for a while and to be honest Amira was very queit,this girl was up to something and I was going to find out soon.

Later that night Raheem and Laila promised to see eachother again Inshallah, and guess who they chose to accompany their meetings?, Abu!, he wasn't even there for the meeting but for some reason they wanted him to accompany the meetings, maybe he had some special magic touch that blessed couples like Ariana and Ismail, me and Amira and now Laila and Raheem whenever he attended meetings but anyway good luck to them.