Tick, Tock

"All right kids, everyone go pack." Hermione said that night at the dinner  table. Rose wasn't eating much, Scorpius observed. She also woudn't meet his eyes. She sat at the farther end of the table sandwiched between James and Lysander. Scorpius frowned. Touch her Scamander. I dare you. Albus noticed too. "Why isn't Rosie sitting by us?" he asked nosily. Scorpius pushed his plate away and crossed his arms. "Eh, Scorp?" 

"Why don't you ask her your bloody self!?" he snapped, a bit louder than he meant to. That caused a whole bunch of Potters and Weasley's to turn his way. He angrily stared at his empty plate. Miss Potter was looking at him quite curiously. "Everything okay, Malfoy?" she asked him. She was seated directly across from him, next to Lily. Rose sure did look up then. Her eyes wide and urgent. 

"Yea, Scorpius, you look a bit down." Lily said, batting her lashes at him. "Does this have anything to do with why you left the ball early?" 

Scorpius bit his cheek and stayed mute. Let Rose handle this herself. It's her fault anyways. Mr.Weasley himself  joined the conversation this time. "Why did you two leave the ball early?" he asked, squinting at him in that annoying way Fathers do. Scorpius let his eyes lift twoards Rose. As he did that he saw Lysander place his hand on Rose's shoulder in a 'comforting' way. Scorpius glowered. Rose turned her face away. He noticed she wasn't flirting back but she wasn't stopping him either. 

"I felt a bit ill is all" Rose said.

Victorie, who sat next to Lily and Teddy scoffed. "Ill? Lover's quarrell I bet" she declared cutting into her pie cooly. "Notice how their sitting on opposite ends of the table" 

Rose shook off Lysanders hand and clenched her jaw. "Shut it Victorie!"

"And why should I?" Scorpius had to aknowledge the difference in temper. Victorie was extroidanarily good at keeping calm and collected. On the other hand Rose snapped at a moments notice. 

"You shut up before I ruin every bubble gum pink thing you have!" Rose exclaimed, her hands balling into fist. And then there was a look Scorpius knew very well. A calculating look. "Pink... Bubble gum pink..." She looked at Victorie and her mouth opened in an 'o'. She stood up suddenly. "It was you!" she screamed.

Victorie raised an eyebrow and leaned back in her chair. "What was me darling?"

"You! You took the photo! You threatned to...to-"

"Now Rose, I don't know how bad that hangover is treating you but certainly it's causing you to be delusional. Does anyone know what she's speaking of?" Victorie addressed the table, standing up herself. Scorpius looked up at the two curiously.

Rose laughed. "You bitch! How dare you deny what you did? You've made me misreable!"

"Rose!" Hermione scolded.

"Me? A bitch?" Victorie started walking twoards Rose slowly. "I'm not the one who ruined someones dress to the ball. Or the one who has been-"

"Tori!" Lily squealed. "Shush."

Rose glared as Victorie came closer. Scorpius didn't interfere. He knew Rose could handle herself very well. Plus he would most likley just make matters worse. Victorie was a foot away from Rose now. Rose held her head up and met her eyes. "I'm not the one who took that picture. Or sent that threat." she whispeared." But I do know who did, Rose. And trust me there is much more in store from them." she giggled. "Watch your back" Victorie started around Rose twoards the exit, tossing her bloond hair over her shoulder.

Rose turned and gripped her wrist tight. "Tell me! Tell me what you know." she said narrowing her brows together. "Victorie I swear if you're at the bottom of this-"