Chapter 2- The Ball Announcement

"CHILDREN!!!AT THE TABLE NOW!" The voice of Ginny Weasly rang throughout the whole mansion the next day. The loud voice of her had woken everyone up and Rose checked the time on her blue clock on the nightstand next to her. 7:09 in the freaking morning. This is crimianal! She had to get up at this time everday for lessons now Aunt Ginny was getting her up too! Rose slowly stepped out of the bunk bed and onto the blue carpted floor. She looked at herself in the door mirror on her way out. Her hair was in a low messy frizzy pony tail and she had on purple pajamma pants with cartoon snowmen and a Gryffindor Quidditch shirt on. She opened the wooden door and peddled down the steps to the dining table.

Ginny, Harry,Hermione,and Ron were all standing at the head of the table and kids were all crowded up at the other end next to their own group of friends. She walked to Albus, Scorpius, and Ashton. She smiled and chrirped a good morning. She got two growls and a sympythetic shrug back. Albus was the one who shrugged. "They argued all night." Albus told Rose. Rose side and face-palmed herself.Her boyfriend and best friend never got along. Scorpius absolutly lothed Ashton. Ashton returned the feeling.

Ashton was in their year and was also a Gryffindor. He looked almost simmillar to albus except his eyes were a choclate instead of a green color. He played Chaser and was caring and sweet and funny. Rose honestly thought he was perfect. Except the non-stop feud with Scorpius. If it wasn't for that her rekationship woudn't have a flaw in it. But it did. ROse gathered her confidence and looked at Scorpius.

"What happened this time?" Rose asked. Ashton sent a face to Scorpius. Almost like a warning. Like when you tell one close friend a secret and they're about to blow it to your other best firend so you send them that 'If-you-tell-I-will-curse-you-and-tell-your-crush-you-fancy-him!' kind of look. Scorpius sneered in return.

"Nothing." Scorpius insisted flipping a glare to Ashton aswell."Drop it Red." Scorpius demanded her when she opened her mouth to object. Ashton smiled at her.

"Yea,doll,nothing happened." Ashton asured her. He took Rose'ss body inbetween his arms and kissed her full on the lips. She heard Scorpius gag and she pulled away snickering at him. Ashton raised his eyebrow's challengingly at Scorpius and moved his hand right under her bum and started rubbung it soothingly. Rose smirked at Ashton and leaned closer to him. Scorpius growled and narrowed his eyes at Ashton. Ashton winked.

"Okay, if you are under 15 and you won't be staying on next week...go back to bed!" Harry said to the children. About fifteen of them groaned and complained with 'whys!' others left without a word. Like Ashton, he was leaving tommrow morning. Albus and Rose looked at each other excitedly. She was sure Scorpius was too but at the moment he looked like he was having a rant with himself. They were always told to leave the room when they were younger. Now they were going to find out what the big secrete was! Were they going hunt down evil wizards? Stop robbers in Diogon Alley?

Aunt Ginny smiled and said, "Well, the ball is this friday." she said simply. Sh folded her hands and out them on Harry's shoulder.

The others looked like they expected something like this so they left,includig Amber. Rose took a seat on the side of the table and Scorpius and Albus sat beside her. Harry looked at them intently witn a curious expression etched on his face. Rose got bored of the silence so she kicked Scorpius's foot under the table. He continued looking at the adults but kicked back and smiled a bit. 

"Scorpius, answer me honsestly." Harry said softly but sternly. Scorpius froze his kicking and so did Rose. Scorpius was a tough being but there was one person who could scare him. No, it wasn;t Harry Potter. It was Ron and right now he was looking at him like he was going to jinkx his hair on fire. ROn never liked Scorpius. He didn't approve of the friendship he and his daughter shared. He didnt like the fact that they hung out togther at School. He hated that he was staying with them.

Scorpius turned his gaze to the kinder wizard and answered, "Yes sir."

"Do- does your father know you are staying with us?" Harry asked in the most piolite way he could. ROn snorted.

Rose instantly looked up, "No." she answered for him. "His dad doesn't know." Scorpius loosened up a bit glad he didn't have to answer the difficult question he had bee trying to avoid.Rose squeezed his hand under the table.

"Of course Malfoy doesn't know Harry." Hermione said. Ginny nodded."Where does he think you are sweet-heart?" Hermione asked kindly smiling down at him. Scorpius took a few calming breaths. Hermione he liked. She was nice and sweet and understandding, much like Rose. 

Ron wrinkled his nose and grimmanced, "Sweet-heart!?" he muttered disgusted. Rose tapped her foot angrily. Her patience was runnig out she was just waiting for her 'dear father' to say something about Scorpius to make her snap. It was going to be in the next five minutes. She knew that for a fact. She wished she could be like Albus, just sitting there with his mouth shut and avoiding the topic.

"He well...thinks I'm-" Scorpius stutered.

"His dad is under the impression he is staying with Arnold Pucey for the holiday." Albus told the audience calmly. Scorpius smiled at Albus.

"Your going to send me back home aren't you?" Scorpius said. It seemed the nervousness had dropped and he found his normal self again. 

Ron asnswered and Rose waited for her chance to yell. "You be with that bloody bastard you call a father!." That's her que! Rose slamened her plams on the table face down and stood up angrily.

"DAD!"she yelled at him. This was why Scorpius liked Rose. This was why the girl held his heart. It was a time just like this in third year. They were all eating icecream in Diagon Alley and Ron had made a snarky comment simmilar to this one and Rose had reacted the same way. It was that moment when Rose had yelled, 'DAD!'  that he had started fancying the red head. Now he watched back smirking as Rose fought with her dad because she was standing up fpr him. 

"Rose sit down!" Ron said.

She crossed her arms. "No! I am honestly tired of you insulting him and his family! You need to grow up and forget those stupid grudges!"

Ron glared at his daughter and didnt say a word to her. He simply walked out the room and Merlin knows where. Rose looked at her mom. Hermione was bitting her lip and looking between her daughter and the  door. Aunt Ginny clapped. That broke the tension off a little."Okay! So tthe Christmas Ball!" she said excitedly.

Harry chuckled a little, "Yea, uhm Scorpius, sorry, you know how he is. NO  we aren't sending you back home we were just curious." he told the younger Malfoy. Scorpius smiled with a slight nod. Rose went back to kicking his foot.He smiled at her and kicked back.

Al looked up and said in a rather bored tone, "Ball?"

"Yes." Hermione said. "Ball" 

The three children looked on with expecting expressions.

"Well friday theres a ball. And we are going get dress robes tommrow then well there's  not much to it it's just a..." Ginny snapped her fingers looking for the right word.

"Ball." Harry concluded.