Chapter 4- Cheating

A/N: Hello! Thank you to those of you who are reading! Please Vote! Follow! Comment!

"Watch out for the quiet ones. They think to much. Thinking is dangerous"

-Pygmy Puff (Me)

€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€€¥€¥€¥€¥¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥€¥

Rose stood up from the library table and walked out to where she knew every one was, the living room. When she got there she saw pretty much the whole family there. Listening to music and talking. Victorie and Teddy were cuddling in the corner while talking to Amber. Lily, Hugo, and Lucy were playing chess in front of the couch were the parents are sitting. Dominique, Lucas, and Lorcan were chatting by the fireplace. Her friends were missing. Never a good sign.

"Hey mum. Where are Scorpius and Albus?" Rose asked. "And Ashton?"

"They were at the lake last I checked."Her mother answered.

Rose headed off in that direction with her wand drawn as she made her way through the forest and to the tree house that was next to the lake that they so often swam in. She saw Albus, James, and Fred swimming in the lake happily but she saw Ashton and Scorpius yelling at each other in the tree house. Rose listened.

"You tell her or I will!" Scorpius threatened.

Ashton scoffed and said, "And what? Break her heart?"

"Zabini! You can't have two people at once and I will not stand here and watch as you cheat on her with her own cousin!" Roses ears piped up.

"I dare you. Tell her."

Rose walked in with her arms crossed. She stared at Ashton who hadn't heard her come in. He was still saying things to Scorpius. Rose wasn't sure of what she heard exactly. But she heard enough. Cheating being what got her interest.

"Wanna fill me in Ashton?"

He turned around with his eyes wide. He was blushing and he had a look of absolute shock ON his face. "Uh... how much did you hear?"

"Enough." She said narrowing her eyes.

"Okay then! Well I should let you to sort this....." Scorpius started to exit.

"Hold it Malfoy!" She yelled. He froze. "What's going on?"

"You've been wanting to tell her. Haven't you Malfoy?" Ashton yelled.

"Go on. Say it."

"I caught him with Victorie." Scorpius said quietly looking at Rose sympathetically."Last night."

Rose felt a pang. But no tears escaped her eyes as she thought they would. She looked at Ashton who was casually leaning back against the tree house picking at his nails. Scorpius was looking at Rose sadly. She was standing there, frowning. Looking between the both of them.

"Okay. Ashton, leave. I don't wanna see you ever again." Rose said simply. He looked at her shrugged and left. Just like that. Rose was hoping for a fight. For him to beg for forgiveness. Something. But he didn't care. She knew that. And here was Scorpius putting a hand on her shoulder and asking if she was okay.

"Red?" he whispered. She felt the tears finally escape. She was sniffling as unwanted tears streamed down her flushed skin. She felt ... just generally terrible. She felt stupid. She felt clueless, helpless, angry. Sad. She leaned her head on Scorpius's shoulder and cried onto his green short. He patted her back and whispered comforting things. "He's stupid, Red. He didn't deserve you."

She sniffed and choked. "If I only did it with him he wouldn't have felt the need to go with her!"

Scorpius slapped her back. He warned, "Red. Don't talk like that. He's a player you know that." She slapped his arm back and continued to cry. She again, was plain mad. She knew why he didn't want her. She knew he was trouble but she thought for some stupid reason she was different.

"Now I don't have a date for the ball."

"We could go...." Scorpius offered. She looked up at him suspiciously.He shrugged."As friends of course."

"As friends." She repeated. He nodded."Okay then."