one

one»»

I breathed the sweet England air in, taking in the awful, disgusting smells of London in to my lungs. My appointment left me wordless, confused about everything.

I didn't feel depressed, I didn't feel anything. I felt the anxiety, but it wasn't as terrible as he thought. My hand gripped the bottle of pills, making my knuckles go white. I was nervous the people walking past, thinking they'd judge the petite girl on the public park bench, clutching the mysterious bottle of healing capsules.

This dusty Tuesday afternoon showed as much more, based on the shakes I had in my hands. I tapped my foot, thinking of the final effects of the pill. The doctor said it's work quickly, just after you swallowed it. He also instructed me to take one as soon as I got out of the office.

I checked my watch, seeing it had already been an hour and a half since then, and I felt my toes curl. My shaky hands trembled and fumbled with my floral skirt, desperately trying to find something else to do besides take this pill.

With the need to get it over with, I jumped and sat up, unhinging the cap from the bottle. I shook out a pill, seeing they were smaller than expected, but just as threatening.

I thought my hand was going to drop it, so I held tight, all the way to my mouth, where it sat on my twitching tongue before water abruptly stole it and scrambled down my throat. I swallowed and paused, trying to feel it working, closing my eyes and holding my breath.

"Open up, buttercup." a sassy voice snapped, making me jump and find my right hand in my hair, it's natural position. I turned and stared at the stranger who just began talking to me.

He turned his head and his dark sunglasses met my green eyes, and he chuckled at the confusion in my face. My hands began to shake uncontrollably, making it obvious by the pills making noise against the confining walls of the bottle.

He laughed even louder at the noticing of me scooting slowly the opposite way.

"You see a guy with tattoos and purple hair and you flee, naturally." he chuckled. He ran his fingers smoothly through his hair, fluffing it up more. "I probably scare you, don't I? You aren't used to people talking to you like this are you?" I remained still moving the opposite direction.

"I see your pretty shaky, I mean, look at your hands, darling." he said. His accent wasn't from here, but I couldn't quite figure it out. I looked at the pill container and the quaking limbs of mine, and looked back up. Except the boy wasn't there anymore, and I was alone again.

"Excuse me darling, but you seem to be a little tense." he whispered in my ears, making me whip around on the other side of the bench, seeing him inches away from my face. I shrieked and flew back the other way. He scooted closer and closer to me until he was a foot away and I was about to fall of the bench. There was no one to be seen in this park.

"Aw I'm not all bad." He growled at me. I was bouncing off the walls of my head.

"Well maybe I am." he said leaning in and flipping up his glasses, showing his bright blue eyes, and the pupils growing bigger and bigger until his entire eyeball was pitch black.

I screamed and fell off the end of the bench, still seeing not a single being around the park. I looked up at the boy, chuckling on the bench, putting his sunglasses down again.

"What are you?" I finally spoke.

"Oh! She can speak! I had no idea!" he joked, throwing his hands in the air and putting them on his knees.

"What the hell are you?!" I yelled at him.

"I'm you phobia, well actually all of them. All the pointless and stupid phobias you've racked up over your 19 years walking this Earth, being the most scared being ever!" He yelled back, a smile toying on his lips.

My lips parted and he let a long howl of laughter escape his lips.

"Please get out of my life." I said trying to be strong, but hearing my voice crack.

"Oh, no no no! I have a feeling I'll be here for quite a long time!" He snarled.

I picked up the pill bottle I dropped when I fell, and I gripped it tight, hearing him sigh and chuckle. He leaned back and pulled up his sunglasses again, this time not looking at me. He looked into the distance with a smug look and I saw from the side, and they were black as a moonless night sky. He smirked.

"Welcome to reality, princess."