FOUR

BOTTOMS UP

"Hey, can I catch a ride with you to Nathan's party?" I ask Bevin as the game comes to an end

"Wow, is Adalia May Scott actually attending a party?" She feigns shock with a small giggle.

"I go to parties sometimes" I defend myself, giving her a small shove.

"So, are you excited?" My mom asks Luke after the game.

"Why, because we won?" My brother replies.

"No, because there's running water in the locker room. We're gonna be roughing it until tomorrow" My mom explains and I shrug. This morning while Lucas was showering, the water stopped and my mom figured out that there was something wrong with the pipes. She said she's going to try and fix it tomorrow.

"You guys are lucky I showered last night so my hair isn't disgustingly greasy" They both give me a look before Luke smiles at my mom.

"It's okay" He says and I nod.

"I've gotta go, but I'll probably be home before midnight. Love you!" I kiss my mom on the cheek before walking off to go to Bevins car.

"Could you go any slower?" She sarcastically yells out the window as I walk through the busy parking lot and laugh but flip her off.

"Tim, are you being pathetic?" Brooke says as Bevin and I walk into the beach house. My brother pulls up to the curb in the truck with Haley, making my eyebrows furrow.

"Hey! What're you doing here?" I question with a smile.

"Well, Nathan invited me" He explains as Nathan comes up to us.

"Wasn't sure you'd come" Nathan says.

"Makes two of us" Luke responds while walking past him.

"Hi, I'm Nathan Scott" Nathan stops Haley and holds his hand out for her.

"Uh, Yeah. I know, I'm Haley" She shakes his hand.

"I know" He responds before Haley follows us into the house.

"Have you guys seen this?" Theresa says with a newspaper in her hand. She hands it to Brooke who reads it.

"The "high school fearleader?" A comic strip" She reads off while looking at it for a moment. "Wait, this is insulting, right?" She asks and I roll my eyes before walking off, looking for a drink. While filling up my cup with beer from the keg someone bumps into me, causing the liquid to spill out of the cup.

"Hey, watch it asshole" I yell and turn around to see Carter standing there.

"Sorry" He says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm sure you are" I finish filling up my cup and take a sip.

"Why'd you change out of your cheer uniform?" He asks and I furrow my eyebrows.