Chapter7- My complete Screw up

I bolted for the exit without a second thought. My wolf was ready to tear through me. Through all my human barriers and maul everything and everyone in sight. The heavy wooden door almost flew from its hinges at my tremor seized hands as I ate my way to the property’s forest. My heels fell off at the middle of the road while my shaking hands tried to lose my clothing without actually tearing them to shreds.

I couldn’t know if someone was watching me. I sure as hell hoped not, but I couldn’t be sure and I couldn’t help it. We felt torn. Not just my wolf but me too, because in this situation we were one. Our pain and the feeling of betrayal were mutual. But I couldn’t blame him. He was human for fucks shake. He didn’t know. But the pain of this couldn’t be diminished.

He had kids.

Honest to God his.

Oh, God.

I reached the tree line in only seconds and when I was in their canopy I let her free. To mourn, to howl in the wind for this unfair trick of fate. Fate. Fate was one tricky bitch. She brought me to him only to see him taken by someone else willingly. And I had to endure it all. See him happy. Let him live. Live his life with someone else.

My paws hit the damp earth with vigor. Taking me deeper into the forest’s safety. I didn’t know that my wolf’s eyes could tear, but I felt moisture ship out and my eyesight was distorted. I let her take full control, drawing deep into the last recesses of my mind, letting her have completely range of our body. I needed to stop thinking for a while. To stop feeling.

____________________________

It was the end of the night when I came to again, draped over the wild grass. The last full moon of the month slowly gave way to the morning sun. I took a sniff around me, she had brought me near the edge of the woods. My wolf had roamed the whole forest. It was really humongous, covering over a thousand acres before it came to a big ass, gray stoned wall. She had let me back the reins of our being, feeling spent and almost at peace with all of the things we learned.

She still hadn’t given up on having her mate. I on the other hand was still trying to grasp the possibility of never having a mate. Or more importantly my own mate. Because whatever I told myself, my wolf and everyone else. I still wanted my happily ever after. I still wanted him. Desperately so.

It seemed weird that my wolf was actually more understanding than me. Especially when it came to children. She was certain that she had to accept him and his kids as hers. Wolves were natural parental figures. Always trying to protect their human part from harm’s way and bad decisions. So when it came to pups that were actually of her mate, I gasped feeling pain in my chest once more, she almost accepted them as her own already unlike me. I still could not for the life of me stomach the anguish of all this.

And according to her, this didn’t change any of our plans. We were still going to stay here. I grudgingly agreed trying to convince myself for the “a while” part.

 I let out a soft whimper when a small twig broke behind me. I acted on instinct and pounced on the threat. Locking my powerful jaws on what smelled like human flesh but I stopped dead in my tracks when a child like scream pierced my ears. I let it go instantly. Their smell was too familiar. Almost the same as that of my mate.

Oh God.

‘What did you do?’ My wolf growled at me.

‘I don’t know… I don’t know!’ I frantically answered.

It was one of the boys from yesterday. Cole or Dylan. The boy fell to the ground with a thud unconscious.

‘Our pup!’ She gnawed at me.

Oh my. Oh my. Oh my.

‘What am I going to do?’

She straggled with me to take over and I graciously let her once more. She leaped forward assessing the blond boy who must not be more than twelve years old. He was wearing a sport’s short and t-shirt. He must have been out for a run. We saw as one that the bite was to his calve. She smelt the wound and started cleaning it out.

The rich blood left an iron taste to our mouth. And this was the ultimate test. A werewolf’s saliva had healing properties to those of his kin. Meaning other werewolves and people related to them through a mating bone. In this case, the boy would be alright if it was fathered by Ash.

Ash. I was so keen to call him by his nickname. A form of affection amongst all kinds. Yet I had almost mauled his own son to death. I cringed, ashamed of myself. As she finished my wolf drew back, letting the control of our body to me. But still she made me stood guard above the boy’s unconscious body. 

Slowly but surely the bite marks started to fade from the kids leg. I stood there without knowledge of what to do. Leap from joy that the little guy was gonna be alright. Or cry from pain that he was indeed Austin’s son.  

Once again I understood that fate had completely screwed me up.

Or better yet I completely screwed up this time around.

A/N

Good evening people!!! I know this is a haste chapter but I am in middle of exam season... So bare with me and I hope this will be the last small-ish chapter for a while!! Promise to write a big fat chap for all of you when I am done with my examinations!!!!

And as always I will be more than pleased if you showed me in any way if you liked this chapter OR this story in general!!!  AND there's one way to show

PLEASE do

VOTE and

COMMENT!!!!!!

And if you want to know when I am updating I would more than feel honored if you pushed that little orange button saying "FOLLOW"....!!!!!!!!!

Till the next time my friends..... 

SilviaV