Chapter5 - My position.... MINE

I fiddled with the hem of my white shirt looking anxiously at my reflection. My father’s eyes stared back at me and I had to blink to make sure they were mine. I realized that my eyes took my father’s steeliness and it scared me, I was dreading the simple thought of becoming as hollow as him after mom’s death.

Never the less I couldn’t fight it, I couldn’t fight for it, fight for him. So the steel like emotion in my eyes was inevitable after all. I took a deep breath, pushing back my hair trying to make me appear more sophisticated. I had an appointment today and it didn’t take as much convincing as I thought it would have to take. I smirked at the thought.

Kostas had linked me the moment he found out who the personnel manager was, who was actually the receptionist of the offices and I had rushed to his side.

Few hours earlier…

“What can I do for you?”

A she-wolf dressed in a black two piece suit required indifferently. Her snobbish tone coated in sugary sweetness. Her dark hair was tied up in the tightest bun I have ever seen, a little bit tighter and I am sure her scalp would peal right off. She smacked her red covered lips in distaste observing me.

Actually the whole over filled with desks floor stopped everything just to look at me talking to the receptionist. Great! Just great! 

A smirk formed in my lips in return. Boy was she in for a lot of trouble if she kept up this snobbish charade. I hadn’t gone to my room for a change of clothes yet and all the people working here seemed to misjudge me for a lowlife. Apparently dressing with something less than a suit bore down on those people.

“What position Alpha Bane made available within this last hour?”’

It was pretty obvious that the chick was overzealous in trying to shine and give her many coworkers an over the top show.

“You have the nerve to come here dressed like this for a place to work, seriously?”

 “Alpha Bane made an announcement for an open position. What is it?” I squeezed through gritted teeth.  

“A position that’s not of your damn business!”

What is the matter with these people? Were all the young wolves in this pack completely untrained or something? Did the air pollution of such a big city diffused their sense of smell? Couldn’t they hear their wolves howling uncomfortably under my stare? Perhaps there would be a need for a serious talk with Bane. And as much as I wanted to be calm about it, my wolf would have none of it.

“Let’s make a call to Alpha Bane and see whose position is going to be damned!” I breathed threateningly.

“You think you can threaten my place here?” She screeched. “I‘ll have you know my family is of high order in this pack!”

“If this pack knows what’s good for them they will better….”

“Penelope?” A mildly familiar voice interrupted and my wolf let out a low grow. “I mean Alpha… Alpha!”

The receptionist let out a little yelp as I turned to see Brian standing behind me. No worries there why my wolf decided to growl at him. He gulped, his brown eyes looking stressed between us. He probably heard my almost threat.

“Shannon, help Alpha Penelope here find what she is looking for!” He ordered and backtracked in the opposite direction while I beamed at the girl, my wolf finally happy with what she got.

“The place, now?” I prompted.

“Yes, yes ma’am!” She stammered quickly searching for some documents. “You should be warned it is a high profile job of our pack…” She stopped herself once she saw my death stare but continued with the qualifications. “It requires many skills including …”

“Just give me the damn address and be done with it!” 

As I stood at the gate of the huge three story mansion, my vision being obscured by vines of green bush like things, I contemplated whether to turn back. With a cringe I remembered the eagerness on Alexandra’s face when I told her I managed to get his address. Also with a smile I recalled the dread in Shannon’s face when I threateningly whispered not to tell a word to a single soul about any of this and especially about the open place.

Plus I had Shannon to call before hand to inform of my arrival for the place in the Montgomery household. If I understood correctly they were one of the most important business families ever. They were loaded, good thing too; I wouldn’t like to have to take care of them forever. My wolf would have a fit if she was made to watch them grow old together.

Holding my breath I pushed the button to the entry phone and waited….

A/N

Hello people!!!!! It would be great to hear your thoughts on this story! And please do vote and give me something to smile about!!!!!!!