12. Celebration

White. That was the first thing I saw.
Pain. That was the first thing I felt.

My vision was blurry when my eyes first fluttered open. I examined my surroundings as it started to become more clear. I was in an infirmary. I rolled my eyes and removed the blanket off me. As I did so, I winced in pain.

My wrist was bandaged up. I attempted to move my wrist again. Pain shot through my arm.

"Nope" I mumbled to myself. My wrist was broken for sure. I don't even understand how that happened. I sat there trying to remember the events that occurred, but got frustrated because I drew a blank. I decided to let it go.

I sat up and twisted my body so my legs were dangling off the bed. My pants were ripped up to my thigh, and my shirt was..well it wasn't a shirt anymore. Just a big single piece of fabric barely clinging on to my body. I didn't care though. I took one more look around the room.

"Where is everybody?"

I put my feet on the floor and took a step before falling onto it. I groaned. My legs decided to not work.

"What the hell did I do?" I used my only good arm to push myself up and drag my body across the room. In the corner, there was a single crutch.

I used it to help myself up and walk around.

I open the door and saw a long big hallway. I'm still in the kingdom. That means whatever happened must of not been to long ago..hopefully.
I walked out to see Natsu on the left of me, with his back against the wall and his arm folded.

He looked at me and smiled.
"Hey trooper, how you feeling?" He has so much care in his voice.

"I'm alright. I'm more confused then in pain actually." I scratched my head with a smile. "Where is everybody?"

"We're having a celebration right now. Everybody wanted to stay and make sure you were okay but I promised to stay and watch you while they go celebrate." He said

"Well you weren't doing much watching..."

"Sorry. It was hard seeing you all bandaged up and in pain." He gave me a half smile and shoved his hands in his pockets.

He looked at me in the eyes.
"(Y/n), do you remember anything?" He asked.
I frowned and shook my head.

"Last thing I remember was right before...I performed the spell..." My sentence drifted as I realized what happened.

"Yeah. You kicked ass! First, you actually performed and carried out the spell, which was already impressive enough. Then you kick a dragons ass! You didn't necessarily kill it but you did more damage than everyone else did. You were awesome!" He gave me his famous wide grin. I couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks bud, but can you tell me why I don't remember any of it?" My face became serious.

"After the eclipse ended, you passed out. Laxus took you to master before continuing to fight his dragon. Master wasn't so happy after he was informed with what you did. The spell you used is lost magic. Throughout history, it been said that the spell has been used by 3 other beings, you mark the 4th. It's barely been used because of how powerful it is. Mrs Porlyusica said that you will be drained of magic for the next few weeks."

I looked down at my feet. "I did all of that for nothing.... i didn't even kill a dra-"

Natsu put his hand on my shoulder. "Hey. That doesn't matter." He lifted up your wounded arm. "You broke your wrist by punchin that dragon! How more cooler could you get!"