»Chapter 18«

(the next morning)

I opened my eyes. The sun was barely shining through the blinds. I looked at my clock. It read 6:30. I yawned. There was no way I was going back to sleep. I was already awake. I slid out of bed. Literally. My butt hit the floor, and I rubbed my eyes. I just sat there and thought for a minute. Finally, I stood up and made my bed. I went walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a poptart from the pantry and took a bite out of it. I poured myself some orange juice in a glass. It wasn't the best mix, but I had to have orange juice. I hadn't had it in forever, so I forgot how much I loved it. I finished eating the poptart and started drinking the orange juice. I went into the living room and sat on the couch.

"Let's see what's on tv." I grabbed the remote.

I scrolled through the channels. Nothing interesting seemed to be on. It was so quiet. It felt good not having my house crowded with people anymore. I loved my friends to death but sometimes we all need some space.

Why'd you get back together with Matt?

"Brain shut up." I said to myself.

You're going to be hurt again!

"No. I won't let that happen." I kept talking to myself.

Don't say that. It could easily happen.

"Ugh! I need to get my mind off this!"

I went upstairs and threw on a pair of black athletic shorts and a gray tank top. I went into the bathroom and brushed out my hair. I put it in a messy side braid and went downstairs. I grabbed my keys and my phone off the table. Finally, I slipped on my Rainbow flip flops and headed out. I decide to walk to the pool and just see who's there. It was so peaceful. No yelling, no chaos, no arguing. I got to the pool and jumped over the gate. No one was there, so I started playing music and relaxing in one of the chairs. This was a great time to work on my tan.

I was probably at the pool for an hour or two. I looked at my phone. It read: 12:30. Lunch time. I turned off my music and jumped back over the gate. I got back to my house and went into the kitchen. I looked in the cabinets for something good to make. Noting really sounded good.

"Well then, I'll just go to Chick-Fil-A." I grabbed my keys off the table and got in my car.

It was about 5 minutes and I had arrived. I went inside, and it was a little crowded. I ordered and found a table to sit at.

You should tell Shawn that you and Matt are back together. He deserves to know.

"Right..." I muttered to myself.

My food came seconds later. After that, I dialed Shawn's number. He finally picked up on the last ring.

"Hey! Sorry I was practicing." he explained.

"It's okay." I laughed.

"So, what's up?" he asked.

"Um... Well, I have to tell you something." I started.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Matt and I are back together." I blurted.

"Oh... Um... Okay?" he sounded a little uneasy.

"Are you okay with it?" I asked.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again..." he explained.

"I know, Shawn. He promised me. Everything is good now!" I tried to make him feel better.

"If he hurts you again, he will have to deal with me." he said.

"Okay, okay." I agreed. "Well, I gotta go."