Prologue

Frank's pov

"Bee! You're it!" I shouted, tagging my friend Pheobe on the arm. She giggled and began to chase me around the park. Her dark brown hair blew with the wind as she ran and her bangs were pushed back reveling her green eyes. I looked over at my mom, who was sitting on the park bench with Bee's mom, Joline. She gave me a sad smile.

That was the last time I saw Pheobe. I was ten when she moved away, she was my best friend. We still talked after she moved, but when I turned 16, I talked to her less and less. It has now been eight years since I've seen her. And now here I stand, the entrence of the Victorian Hospital. I took a deep breath and walked in.

"I'm here to see Pheobe Bayfield." I told the lady behind the desk. She gave me a dirty look, she probably was not a fan of my apperance.

"Room 212, second floor." She finally said. I gave her a crooked smile and shuffled to the elevator. I pressed the button and impatiently waited for the elevator the reach the first floor. As the door opened in slow motion, I dashed in and pressed the "2" button repeatidly until the doors closed and I finally reached my destination.

As I reached the second floor, I ran down the hall to room 212. A sighed a little, then slowly opened the door. A familar set of bright green eyes looked at me as I entered. There laid Pheobe, pale, sickly skinny, and hooked up to dozens of machines.

"How could you do this to yourself?" I cried.