Chapter 3

*5 years later*

        I was still sat up in my bed two minutes til midnight waiting. In two minutes I would be 16 and a 'woman' partially, as my mother said. My eyes were starting to droop from being so tired and as it struck midnight my first instinct was to lay down and go to sleep. I wasn’t awake because I wanted to be. I was awake because I was told to be awake by Fred. I laid back on my bed and let my eyes fall shut. As soon as they closed I heard something swoop in. I looked over to see Eroll perched at the end of my bed with a book and a letter attatched to him. He hooted softly and I sat up crawling to the edge of my bed and detatched the objects from him. Before he got the notion to leave I gave him a treat and watched as he sat there eating it happily.

                I looked at the letter and saw it was addressed to, ‘The number 1 birthday girl.’ I rolled my eyes and laughed softly before I began to read it:

                ‘My Dearest Fin Farley,

                It has occurred to me that when she can, your mother has been reading our letters. Not that we are hiding anything, but my lovely twin, George, and I have come up with a solution to this minor problem. This book right here is connected to the one I have. When you write in it, I will see and when I write in it, you will see. Also, Happy 16th birthday. We will see you in three days to prepare for the world cup!

                                                Love,

                                                                Fred Weasley

                                (And George)’

                I smiled to myself and opened up the journal looking at the first blank page. I carefully wrote down on the page, ‘Thank you Fred.’

                Not too long after I wrote this. Right below my words in Freds hand writing, “No problem, I’ll see you soon, okay?’

                ‘Okay, goodnight Fred.’

                ‘Goodnight Fin.’

                I smiled to myself and closed the book slipping it under my pillow. Finally, I managed to fall asleep.

                When I awoke the next morning my mother was in the kitchen holding a box. She smiled softly and handed it to me. I took my seat and she sat the box in front of me smiling happily. I opened it up to reveal a new set of Hogwarts robes, which I was in dire need of. I had grown three inches and my old ones were too small now. There was also a large sketch book. It was hardback and was blank on the front.

                “It is enchanted so you never run out of paper. I figured you may need it this year.” She smiled and bit her lip. I gave her a bright smile and continued to look through my things. My mother then took a step to the side to reveal my father standing there with a long thin object that looked like a broom, “Fin,” my father said in a serious tone, “we decided that your Nimbus must be getting old. So no matter how much you say you don’t need it we already bought it and we cannot take it back now. Happy Birthday sweetheart.”

                When I took the wrapping paper from the broom it revealed a large broom with a silver handle and the words ‘Silver Arrow’ on the side, “Oh my god.” I said quietly and stood up holding it up, “How did you even get this?” I looked at all of it making sure it was real and I was holding it in my hands I couldn’t even believe it, “ They don’t  even make these anymore!”