10

“Another shot?” The blond waitress leaned over my booth to grab my third empty cup. I nodded, ignoring her obvious cleavage. My eyes staring at the screen of my phone.

“Bring me the bottle, instead, aye?” I finally looked up at her and she smirked at me. She was pretty.

“As you wish, Mr. Styles.” She said ready to turn around when I touched her arm, slightly.

“I was never here.” I warned her and she nodded, used to that particular phrase.

I watched her walk away, then turned my attention to the screen once more. The picture of us was still there.

Pressing my fingers on my eyes, which were already burning from the amount of alcohol I’ve had in the past hour, I was startled when my phone buzzed.

Where are you?

I felt my heart pressing tight against my ribs. It was painful.

Harry. Why are you not picking up my calls?

I frowned, feeling the tears rising one more time. I had to contain it.

I’ve been waiting for two hours. I’m worried. Please call me back.

I put down my phone and hid my face with both my hands. What the hell am I doing?

I can’t go there. I can’t meet her. Otherwise, I’ll change my mind, because she has me easily. Whatever she says, whatever she does.

And I can’t go back now.

If you love them, let them go, right?

I went through my contacts to find a specific phone number. Clicked on it.

Calling Kendall…

36 hours before…

Aimée

“Is this it?” Patrick asked me, looking at the old building and then back at me, with a frown.

I nodded.

“I knew you had a place of your own, but I always pictured it as a house in Malibu.” He smiled at me as I rolled my eyes.

“I love how you think so highly of me.” I couldn’t help but chuckle too. I made a move to get out of his car, but then realized how rude it would be to use him just for a ride. “Want to come up for a cup of coffee?”

“Yeah, sure.” He shrugged and properly parked in front of the building. We made our way out and I unlocked the front door, climbing the stairs to my floor. “No elevator? Jesus, Aimée, who are you?”

“I know, right? What would the media say?” I said it in an ironic tone that made Patrick laugh hard.

As we arrived at my door, I felt awkward. This is a bad idea. This is my place with Harry, our little bubble.

I felt awful. This is the last place I should bring Patrick.

“Forgot the keys?” Patrick joked behind me.

Too late now to take it back.

I opened the door and entered the hallway, leading him to the living room and then reaching to the kitchen.

“This is… Actually… Not bad.” Patrick seemed truly impressed, but his words made me frown.

“Jerk.” I side smiled while finding the coffeemaker. Once the coffee was done, I poured it for Patrick and me.