6

2012

“Just give me one chance to prove to you that I can make you happy, Aimée,” Zac said, touching my face with both of his hands and looking at me with his dazzling blue eyes.

“Zac…”

I didn’t really know what to say. I would be lying if I say that everything he has done for me in the past weeks while I stood there crying because of Patrick didn’t make me grow feelings for him. He was caring and loving with me, way more than Patrick has ever been.

“I’m in love with you…” He said to me. I gasped.

I could say it back, make him happy, run away in the sunset and then face the lions back at home.

The lions…

“You deserve better than me…” I smiled while caressing his face. All I needed was five words to wreck him apart. His face fell down and he was now hopeless.

I walked away, breaking the heart of a boy who would do anything for me.

But why? Why didn’t I take the chance when I had it? Why didn’t I leave Patrick behind and start a new life with someone that I knew would never hurt me like Patrick?

He wasn’t enough. Zac could make a girl extremely happy one day, but he wasn’t enough to make me walk away from everything.

Also… I would never cheat on Patrick, doesn’t matter what he do. Not because I forgave him, no. But because I would never equal myself with him. I would never be like Patrick and I promised myself that.

 February 4, 2014

Harry

“Can I get you anything else, sir?” The flight attendant asked me with a tender voice and a gentle smile.

“No, thank you” I said, smiling politely.

I still had a few hours until I got back to London. I missed my family and my friends back there, but missing Aimée was consuming me already.

I looked to the empty seat by my side and wished she were there with me. Just the thought of being on the other side of the ocean from her frustrated me. Two weeks, I’ve known her for two weeks and I already feel this way. What is happening with me?

Maybe it’s her… No, it’s surely her. Everything about her was too good to be true. I was amazed by the fact that my life involved being around her, in any way, for that matter.

I touched my forehead, trying my best to ignore the thoughts in my mind. Just the memory made my body cringe in desperation. I needed her and the distance would eat me alive.

It was the night before my birthday…

(n/a: italic narrative means flashback)

“You should be out with your friends… Partying and all. You only have a 20th birthday once” Aimée said, in front of me, wearing my white t-shirt, way too big for her body, but making it tempting in my eyes.

“I don’t need a huge party, love” I caressed her face.

“Still… It’s your birthday tomorrow. You should celebrate.” She looked up at me. The weak light of the loft making her look even more gorgeous than usual.

“I’m right where I’m supposed to be,” I said and she smiled, leaning her head on my hand.

“Why are you still here?” Aimée asked, looking me in the eyes, making me dizzy just with her gaze. “Why do you like me?”