7

2013

Sitting on the audience of the American Music Awards, side by side with major celebrities, feeling as alone as I could. Mary couldn’t make it here tonight so I was left with old friends that I wasn’t  sure cared about me at all. I was living inside my thoughts when the lights when down and I heard a song starting to play. Another performance.

I looked up to the stage in front of me, gladly having an amazing view. I saw five boys there and when they started to sing, the accent gave the answer to me. One Direction. I had seen them earlier, all five cute guys staring at me as I passed by. I couldn’t help but smile. It is flattering to get that kind of attention.

The melody of the song suited me. I loved it. Even though I was living under a rock lately and I didn’t even have heard it before. The one with a tie started to sing… Liam, I think that’s his name. His voice was so warm and he looked like such himself. The loud screams started when the next guy came along and I immediately understood why. Zayn, if I’m not wrong. He is surely handsome. His voice surprised me and it made me have chills all over my body.

But then… The boy that started the song and got my attention started singing again. I didn’t really had paid attention to his voice in the beginning, but I widened my eyes when I heard him start the chorus.

“The story of my life… I take her home. I drive all night to keep her warm and time is frozen…”

I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. His voice was my favorite. I knew it. Even though there was still two more boys for me to hear.

The way he was so invested on singing made my body cringe. He was so passionate and his voice was so different.

“Who is that boy?” I asked out loud, meaning to only think that.

“Oh sweetie. That’s Harry Styles.” Rihanna said, by my side.

I nodded and blushed, clearly embarrassed for my reaction towards him.

They all started to sing and I felt something inside. Something like a peaceful feeling, but not exactly. Somehow, deep down, I knew I wanted to know them. Why? Because I wanted to feel that way all the time.

Harry

 In my memory, it all happened in slow motion.

I walked over to the living room, worried about Aimée, only to find her in the middle of it. She was on the phone.

And I caught the end of the talk.

“…done trying. For the first time in a long time I have something in my life that actually makes me happy and that gives me a reason to fight for the control of it.”

My body froze completely. I stood there, embarrassed to be eavesdropping but couldn’t move a muscle.

Is this really happening?

The memory of my talk with Kendall was still fresh in my ears.

“She’ll break up with him,” I said.

“Are you sure about that?” She said. “She should’ve broken up with him years ago, Harry”

And I have to admit that for a second or two there I thought that Aimée was leading me on. I thought she’d never leave Patrick and was only using me to distract herself from all the mess.

“I’m breaking up with you, Patrick. I’m sorry. We’ll never be the same. I’m in love with someone else.”

I gasped. Did I hear her right?