A Vampire Secret - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was dark, really dark I was standing in this narrow hall, there was this feeling inside me like I’ve been here before, as I walked down the hall and I saw a picture of my mom, she was smiling she was happy, it was that smile that I missed so much, That smile and happiness that I needed so much in my life.                                                                                                                                Then I saw her, she was standing in the end of the hall waving and smiling at me “Liz hon, come here I have to tell you something” the sound of her voice made every hair on my body rise, it was her. It was really my mother. As I walked towards her it seemed like I wasn’t getting any closer only  farther and farther away from her. “Mom! I cant seem to get closer, what’s going on?” I said while a shadow showed up beside her  “I warned you not to do this to me Jenna!” it was a deep man’s voice ‘”You’re going to pay for your mistakes!” Then the man band down and he bit my mother on her neck and she let out an agenizing shrink. “NO! Get away from her you freak!” I screamed at him and stared to run towards them. As she collapsed on the floor, her lifeless eyes were staring at mine it let a chill up my spine, but I still couldn’t get close to her “Mom no please! You can’t leave me again!” I screamed at her.  The man was facing me then, his lip curved into a cruel smile “your next Elizabeth” he said, before I could blink, the man was standing in front of me “Don’t worry this is not going to be painful, it’s only fun” I was walking backwards then, I looked in man’s eyes they were green, The man got closer and closer to me, he was so close I could see my reflection in his eyes.                                                                                                        “what do you want from me?” my voice sounded shakier then I intended it to sound                                                                                                                                           The man stopped and just stared and smiled at me. Who was he? I never in my life saw him before, what does he want from me, what did he do to my mother All of a sudden his big green eyes turned red, his smile faded then he looked really old  and scary and out of nowhere the man lunched himself at me.

“NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!”I screamed jumping out of my bed only to be held down by strong hands, “shh, Liz it’s me calm down!” said a guy’s voice “it’s me it’s okay everything’s going to be all right”  the guy put his hands around my shoulders and rocked me back and forth on the bed. “A-Austin is that you?” my voice was so shaky I barely recognized myself “course’ it’s me, who did you expect? Johnny Depp?” he said it with a smile. I couldn’t help smiling myself, Austin always new a way to make me smile even in the worst situations.  As fast as my smile came it faded “I had a bad dream, a really bad one” I could feel tears running down my checks “hey its ok, it’s just a dream” his words made me feel a little better “but horrible, I was so scared” I heard Austin sigh and his hold tightened “well it’s still a dream so why don’t you get ready for school while I’m going to go make us some breakfast K’?”                                                                                                                                  “Ok “was all I could manage to say, Austin smiled at me, got up and went to the door                                                                                                                         “thanks  for cheering me up” I said and looked up at him tears again running down my checks, he smiled and said “hey no need to thank me that’s what brothers are for, cheering there little sister or well annoy the crap out of em’ ” he winked at me and left the room.                                                                        I am really glad I have Austin, ever since our mom died and our step-father Scott was giving a fit that it’s all my fault she died , Austin’s always been there for me to cheer me up and I loved him for that.                                                                                I got out of bed and went to the bathroom I looked at the mirror and hell, I looked paler than usual, and my million-times-dyed hair look more and more its normal color, (which by now I forgot).  I couldn’t help notice that I looked thinner then usuall, I can’t believe I’m saying this but man I’ve got to eat more!  “Hey! Get ready faster or you’re going to be late for school!” It was Scott screaming through the doors.  You can hear the hate his was putting in his words. I had enough of him already so I slammed the door open not even not looking at him I said “I am ready, so no need to prated your worried about me” I started walking down the stairs, hearing his heavy footsteps following behind me. He caught my wrist and said “that is not a way to speak to the man of the house” I sighed shook his hand off and turned to him “really? You’re the man of the house? Since when?” I said not giving him time to answer I continued   “If you haven’t noticed the only guy who is actually working and brining money to this house so you can buy some beer is Austin, so don’t say that you’re that you’re the man of the house” He looked at me for a moment His eyes narrowing,                                                                                                                                “I think you should talk with more respect to me young lady considering I can kick you and your brother out of my house anytime I want”                                                                 he just makes me so angry but I didn’t want him to ruin my morning,                                        so I just turned my back at him and went to the kitchen. Austin was there watching me silently taking a seat, “you herd?”  He nodded at me “all of it?” another nod. “I’m sorry he just gets to me and makes me so freaking angry the I-” Austin cut me holding his hand up “it’s K’ that guy is a dick and he has no right to speak to you that way, he is also very lucky our house is on his name otherwise I would of broken every bone in his body by now.”  I started to eat my egg and without thinking I said “I hate him” I looked at Austin who was watching the kitchen door “yeah me too, I never liked him and I never will.” Then he looked at me “If he ever does anything to you I’m going to kill him, I promise.” I was trying so hard not to cry so I kept eating my egg silently. We sat there for some time in silence when my phone vibrated; it was a text message from Ryan. My boyfriend.

Hey morning babe I’m gonna be at your house in 5 min so be ready

Luv you!

I texted him back saying:

KK I’m waiting for you

Luv you 2!

Ryan and I were friends since grade eight and were going out for two month now. He was a great guy and I loved him.  . I sat there staring at the  messages with this huge smile on my face probably looking like a moron I said “Ryan’s gonna be here in five minutes, so I’m gonna go put my shoes on” as I got out of the kitchen Austin followed behind “you really like him don’t you?” he stared down on me  with his brother alarmed face “yeah I do , and I still don’t understand why you don’t like him , you guys are in the same Football team your teammates you support to like him”  Ryan is in the football team and so is Austin but still Austin never liked Ryan for some reason. “That’s exactly why I don’t like him that guy is bad news” I set up and hugged Austin “yeah okay you shouldn’t worry Ryan’s is not going to hurt me” I looked at him “really you can trust me” Austin sighed and smiled “it’s not you I don’t trust it’s him” he jerked his chin towards the drive way, then back at me “ok come one too much love here sis” I smiled and let him go, “ oh yeah and Your rides’ here better get going, you don’t want to be late for your first day of grade eleven” he smiled at me I frowned “don’t remind me”                                                                                        “plus, trust me Mr. Learek can be a pain in the butt when you late for his class”                                                                                                                          “aren’t you coming?” I said looking at him “Nah, Ill skip first class its boring anyway, and that won’t get me In trouble you know being the best quarterback and all” I smacked him and smiled “show off, K’ I’m gonna go see ya later”. And so I headed to the driveway.