~ 4 ~

~ Chapter Four ~

I ran through the halls and down several staircases in search of the entrance of this palace.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit! I wasn't going to make it in time.

I picked up my speed and finally found the foyer, I ran outside and saw her walking down the long paved pathway to the palace.

"Hey, Sylvia! Get back here!" I yelled at her.

I pressed my hands to my knees and tried to regulate my breathing, I straightened myself out and saw her turn around. She set down one of her bags and waved at me.

"I'll be seeing you soon, Royal Princess," she winked.

She picked her bag back up and faced forward, she took one step and completely vanished.

I ran my hands through my hair and just stared.

"Hey! Get your ass back in here!" Someone said from behind me before they grabbed me by my waist and lifted me back into the palace.

The doors shut behind us. He set me down, I turned and was face to face with Luca.

"You're not supposed to leave," he told me with narrowed eyes, "I know Zavien made you mad, he's pretty straight forward about a lot of things, but that's never a reason to run away. He worked his ass off just to find you, he's not going to let you go so easily."

"What?" I asked. "I wasn't trying to run away. I was trying to stop Sylvia from leaving, but she vanished into thin air!"

His eyes widened. "Shit, seriously?"

"Yes! Seriously!"

"I gotta tell Zave," he murmured and took off running.

"Well, don't leave me behind, I'm the one who saw it all!" I called after him.

Even though I was already exhausted from running around the palace in these tight jeans, I didn't have much of the strength or energy to chase after Luca. What the hell was he anyway? A Werewolf? Because he was moving awfully fast.

He made it into the room before I did. I jogged inside and stopped. I pressed my hand to a wall and tried to regulate my breathing. Luca, on the other hand, acted like he didn't run at all.

Damn you.

"Sylvia's left the palace," Luca reported to Zavien, "Seren saw the whole thing."

Curses bounced around the room.

I remained against the wall trying to regain my energy and breath.

"Well, what happened?" Zavien asked.

I held my hand up and gave him a finger.

"Seren, relax."

"Don't...tell me...to...to relax," I said between gasps of air. I took one deep breath and turned around to everyone. I fanned myself. "Jeez, it's hot. My legs hurt. God, my knees!" I complained.

"Seren," Zavien said firmly. I gaped at him.

"Believe me, my recollection of what just happened isn't going away anytime soon, so you can chill out. I'm dying. Okay? Have you ever tried to run in a pair of tight ass jeans in a palace you don't know your way around chasing after a girl you don't even like or know? I'll tell you this-the only thing stopping me from stripping down to my bare minimums and standing outside is the fact that I refuse to give you that satisfaction. Now, would you let me breathe? I'm on the verge of passing out from exerting so much energy."