~ 3 ~

~ Chapter Three ~

{ Seren }

I will never forget the look in his eyes, he was afraid, maybe even more afraid than I was. I didn't quite understand everything that was going on, but I knew that whatever it was frightened Zavien.

He rushed into my room, I knew it was odd. Zavien usually slept in my room. He was panicked and it was unusual for me to see him worried. He was always calm and composed or just... angry. He was never afraid of anything.

"Seren," he breathed as he cupped my face, "we have to go."

"Go? Zavien what's wrong?" I asked searching his eyes for answers.

He looked around and cursed under his breath.

"Zavien, your language!" I scolded nervously.

He picked me up and carried me in his arms. He wasn't answering any of my questions and that worried me. Even when I had the strangest inquires he always responded.

"Zavien, is that Seren with you?" I heard my father ask.

"Yes," Zavien said.

"Take her in here," he said.

Zavien followed my father's request and stepped into a room. He set me down. My mother was standing by a window. She sighed heavily and then turned to me.

Why wasn't she as worried as Zavien was?

"Come here, dear," my mother said softly.

I clung to Zavien's side.

"I don't want to leave him," I told her firmly.

Zavien kneeled down to my level. He smiled a wry smile.

"You should probably go to your mother, Seren, now isn't the time to be stubborn," he scolded gently.

"I don't care."

"We don't have much time, they're coming in! Zavien, do it. Now!" My father bellowed.

"Thierry wait!" My mother shouted.

"Luna, there's no time-"

"Seren," Zavien said grabbing my attention, the tone of his voice drowned out the sound of my mother and father arguing. I was drawn to him and only him. "You know how much I love you, don't you?"

I nodded.

"Good. Now, close your eyes," he said and wrapped his arms around me. I followed his instructions, "I hope you can forgive me."

I sat up in my bed drenched in sweat. I turned my attention to the frame that leaned against my door.

Zavien.

"What did you remember?" He asked.

"Who are you?" I asked breathlessly.

He moved in closer, yet he refused to approach my bed.

"I asked you a question!"

"I believe I asked you first," he countered.

"I don't know what I remembered. It was probably a dream-"

"What. Did. You. Remember?" He asked sharply.

I opened my mouth to bark back but felt myself at a loss. "The Raid."

"My name is Zavien Yael," he said.

"Wha-"

"I can't exactly prove to you that this is not what I really look like while we're in here," he said cutting me off. "Blaez, Hunter, and Yael are all a part of me. It's one of the many abilities I have as the Hybrid Lord."