four | dead dad

"Odin, I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever

"Odin, I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever. Nor shall we mourn but rejoice, for those that have died the glorious death." Ingrid listened to Thor's words as thousands of conflicting thoughts raced through her mind. If Thor was saying these words, it must mean that Odin was dead. But if Odin was dead, wouldn't the son of Odin be ruling over Asgard and not stranded in Sakaar.

"Hurts, doesn't it? Being lied to. Being told you're one thing and then learning it's all a fiction." A hologram of a man dressed in green popped up in front of the two. Thor casually started throwing rocks through the man's illusion, no doubt that the rocks were probably from Korg who constantly shed them.

"You didn't think I'd really come and see you, did you? This place is disgusting. Does this mean you don't want my help? Look, I couldn't jeopardize my position with the Grandmaster. It took me time to win his trust. He's a lunatic, but he can be amenable. What I'm telling you is, you could join me at the Grandmaster's side. Perhaps, in time, an accident befalls the Grandmaster, and then... You're not seriously thinking of going back, are you? Our sister destroyed your hammer like a piece of glass." Ingrid's gaze went up from the floor to Thor and what she assumed was his brother with a look of pure shock on her face. Hela was back. Ingrid's breathing increased but she stayed silent and continued to eavesdrop. The mere thought of the women made her hands shake with rage.

"She's stronger than both of us. She's stronger than you. You don't stand a chance. Do you understand what I'm saying here? Fine. I guess I'll just have to go it alone. Like I've always done. Would you say something? Say something!" Ingrid looks at a smirking Thor who appears to have run out of stones, both of the Asgardians not paying any attention to her as they had their family squabble.

"What would you like me to say? You faked your own death, you stole the throne, stripped Odin of his power, stranded him on Earth to die, releasing the Goddess of Death. Have I said enough or would you like me to go back further than the past two days?" Ingrid blinked as she processed the actions of the man in front of her. He had accomplished quite a lot of things within two days, whether or not they were bad didn't affect the amount he had done.

"You know, I haven't seen this beloved champion he talks of, but I've heard he is astonishingly savage. I've placed a large wager against you tomorrow. Don't let me down." The man disappeared without a trace just as Korg jumped up and kicked his leg at the wall. "Piss off, ghost! He's freaking gone." As Korg walked off and left the two Asgardians, Ingrid's mind raced and she didn't have enough time to process her words.

"What happened to Asgard?" Thor turned to her with a surprised look on his face before sighing and looking around the disgusting cell. Thor knew that something has happened it her including his father and to find out what that was he needed to tell her the truth.

"Odin is dead and now, Hela has been released and last time I saw, she was on her way to Asgard." Ingrid sighed out as she moved across the walkway to the other side, taking place next to Thor and gave him a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry about before, it's just that the last time that I encountered a member of your family, they tried to kill me and killed my sister so a bit of a bummer." As Ingrid rambled on a little, Thor focused on the mention of killing.

"Wait, who have you encountered from my family that's tried to kill you? My brother is a bit of a trickster and a bastard, but he is not a very good killer and you seem......capable." Ingrid knew she had to show her tattoo. She didn't quite understand why she was telling a man she had just met about the scaring events in her life, but she knew one thing. She wanted revenge. As she pulled down her armored sleeve to reveal her tattoo, she watched as his eyes darted over to the skin where her valkyrie symbol sat below her bicep.

"My God, you're a Valkyrie. I used to wanna be a Valkyrie when I was younger...until I found out that you were all women. There's nothing wrong with women, of course. I love women. Sometimes a little too much. Not in a creepy way, just more of a respectful appreciation. I think it's great that there is an elite force of women warriors. It's about time." Ingrid chuckled and smiled at his babbling before her smile slowly turned into a frown as she remembered the memories of being a Valkyrie. "My older sister Astrid coached me into being a Valkyrie. Asgard must hate me."

"No, no, no. Valkyrie's are seen as one of the most legendary warriors from Asgard and I have heard nothing but great words about you all." Ingrid smiled at the reassurance before clearing her throat and sitting up closer to him so they weren't practically yelling at each other. "So, what are you doing here anyway?"

"Look, I need your help. Hela is at Asgard and she, being the goddess of death, will destroy it. We need to stop that from happening." Ingrid bit her lip as she thought about what that actually meant. Returning to Asgard, her former home and killing the bitch that took everything away from her.

"Actually, I knew your sister from back in the day. She was a complete utter bitch and I would have great pleasure in driving my sword through her heart." Ingrid smiled at the last bit which caused Thor to blink once and then look back at her. "Well, that is quite the image. At least we have the same goal. Probably. Actually, you want death and revenge whereas I want to save Asgard. No, we have very different goals. Sorry for the confusion, carry on. So, are you in?" Thor stood up and put his hand out as a gesture to pull her up from the floor. She grabbed onto it and the two were chest to chest before Ingrid cleared her throat and took a small step back.

"Let's do this! But wait how are we going to get out?" Ingrid's eyes briefly glanced down at his bicep which was noticed by Thor who wore a cocky smirk before realizing that his plan was not much of a plan. "I'm still figuring that out."

Huzzah, I updated. Woo. Alright, sorry this took a while but I currently am on holiday and I assumed the wifi would be better but they have given me 2GB for 5 days. That's insane like I can't watch anything so I basically wrote this based on my memory so if its a little bit inaccurate then I'll change it when I get back home. Also, I got sidetracked as I researched the Mulan remake. They ain't got no Li Shang and apparently, there won't be songs so I am FUMING. Okay, enough of that.

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)