Chapter 4: Homestrech

Switch Perspective from 3rd person to Kody's

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As the end of our voyage draws nearer Chase and Athena bicker more than ever the thought that they might lose their spouse is enough to drive a normal person insane but when you love each other as much as they do it would seem if you did lose them you'd have nothing to live for.

 We arrive in the town of Winchester, Indiana we stop at Mrs. Wicks it was a pie shop that had been abandon after the zombie attack. So we scavenged for food it was me and Chase in the kitchen and i break down crying to which Athena rushes in pistol ready to fire screams " What in the world is going on" Through the tears I reply " There all out of pie". While Chase is laughing his head off i get pushed over by Athena. As we start to walk out of the door Athena hits her knee on the counter which opens a gun safe filled with Ak-47s we each take one knowing they may come in handy.

 As we make our way out to the truck we are greeted by a horde of zombies at least 80 we wait for them to pass as night falls no change they're still here. Then Chase unleashes a monster of a plan one of us takes east another west and one north and we box them into a slaughter.

 As we buck up the courage to carry out the plan my mind races through all the fun times we'd had through our lives scaling Everest, paragliding in the Florida sun and then it was over  then it was cruch time . I sprinted over to take the east post and waited for the others to do their jobs then we charged blood splattered sparks flew. And at the end of that two were left standing Chase had been bitten in the leg and after hours of protest he told us we had to off him when Athena got her gun out of the truck she spilled orange juice wich seeped right into Chase's wound and all the darkness in his blood vanished.