Chapter 3: The Visitor... or not

• Dedicated to To each and everyone who read this story so thank you

As the dynamic duo make their way to their main objective they realized they forgot something that's essential in any trip they forgot gas. As they stop in St. Louis they come to a temporary stop at a local Shell while Chase stays to pump the gas while Athena goes in to get food and drinks as they might survive a zombie attack but all will be for none if they starve afterwards. As she approaches the door pistol in holster. she hears a low growl like diabolical thunder. She burst in the door then almost all at once a zombie charges out after her as she runs away Chase got hit from behind and got knocked unconscious while the zombie picks up speed Athena starts starts to slow and then it hits her from behind and holds her down and then she knew her fate was sealed the zombie moved in for the finish.

 Then all at once Athena's life flashes before her. From playing with her friends in school to becoming a college grad and then there was now. The zombie slouching to sink in his teeth when all that could be heard was a loud crack that Athena thought was her spine. And then she went dark. When she awoke she was with Chase in what seemed to be the storage room of the station. Then came a creak from the otherwise silent door and then Chase instantly jumped to his feet only to realize he was unarmed but yet he would do anything to defend his relationship. Then they saw a figure come into the room relieved to know a zombie would have already offed both of them without second thought.

 Then the figure turned on the light and actually put light on the whole situation Athena fell back in surprise Chase dropped his fist and fell in amazement. It was Kody Setser a life long friend a groomsman at the wedding and Athena's friend since grade school. And then the immediate pouring of questions came out Chase blurted "How did you know where to find us." Kody laughs and replies" I didn't I was just trying to find anyone I know. And Athena that crack you probably assumed was a part of your body was only my gun. Don't worry both of you are fine trust me I am a doctor." Then he asked where they were headed and they told him as they did he became intrigued he asked to accompany them they agreed because they knew they might need him later. So when they start to head out to the truck they all catch a more than serious case of fear.

 Then a clerk pops up from behind the counter and says" Thank you for saving me from that zombie Ive been in here for 3 days. Now that's $70 dollars for the gas. To which Chase says "Four people alive in the whole state and I have to pay for gas" Then they head toward the last stetch of their voyage thinking it was almost over no one could have been more wrong ever.