Prologue

Author's Note: The first couple chapters really suck, but it picks up After Chapter 1 and maybe Chapter 2. I've never been good at the (basically) pointless intro phase of stories.

        It was a day like any other when this all started. The sky was a bit cloudy, normal for weather during the summer where I live. My name is Simon Cross, and I'm just an average 24 year old. I don't have many friends, for the most part, I only have one, she is the younger sister of a guy I became friends with in middle school, he used to be cool to hang out with, but now he's a total dick to just about everyone. He's the kinda guy who thinks that once you turn 18, you need to crush your inner child, and replace it with something that involves laughing at extremely racist jokes, smoking marijuana on a regular basis, being a borderline alcoholic, and thinking that being a total douche bag is natural. I hate him.

        Sorry for ranting, I hate that guy a lot, but his sister, Maria, who is currently 18, she is my best friend, and the woman I love more than anything. We have so much in common, though a lot of it is due to bad past experiences like being bullied, but we both love stuff like anime, video games, etc. For a while, I was helping Maria with her sadness by being there for her since her family are...well, saying they're mean to her is a massive understatement. Though sadly i haven't see her in a while, the thing is, she already has a boyfriend, and one day after some events transpired, she left home to live with him. I hope she's doing ok. Every day I hope she will contact me, wanting to meet up so that we can talk about all kinds of things again, and you know what? If it ever happens, I'm gonna tell he how much I love her, and how much she means to me. Even if her boyfriend is right there with us.