Escape

"Hurry up, we're almost there."

"I can't make it." I was, of course, being overdramatic and crawling up the remainder of the stairs, panting like I'd just run a marathon. Anika looked back at me for the first time the whole way up.

"Quit that! Look, we're done." I looked up. There were no more stairs in front of me, just yet another hallway, though this one didn't have any of the random doors like the others had. Just a metal door a little farther along the pathway. "So, which door should we take?"

"What?" I only saw one door. "There's only one door." 

"There are several doors here."

"No, there aren't."

"Maybe we should take your door."

"Good plan." I began walking toward the metal door. Anika followed close behind. I stopped and raised a hand to open the door. 

"What're you doing? Where's the door?" She was looking along the wall near us.

"Right here. Are you blind?"

"Something's going on here..." After a moment she brought her hands together in a seal and muttered "release". She looked around and gasped, rushing past me and my door and stopped in the middle of the hall, looking down at something. 

"What're you-"

"Get over here!" she interrupted. I hurried over, pushing my thoughts about her being really bossy to the back of my mind. Though they were true. She'd done nothing but order me around since I woke up.

"What?" She ignored me and my complaints as she touched my forehead and whispered "release" again.

I blinked and suddenly instead of the empty space in front of us before there was a cell with a certain silver-haired girl laying unconscious on the ground inside. Wait- I looked back at the stairs we had climbed. "We didn't have to climb all those stairs! Dammit!" The stairs were still there but there was another elevator right next to the damn things! "What the hell!?"

"We were under genjutsu," Anika said busying herself with studying the cell doors. "Probably one of those guards cast it to slow us down and confuse us."

"Well yeah, I got that much! But why the hell did we have to wait until climbing to the top of the stairs before we realized it!?" That really pissed me off. I got more pissed off when Anika hushed me. "I don't wanna be quiet! This really-" 

"Be quiet will you! I got it open, now get her out." I looked over at her. I had been so busy yelling I hadn't noticed she got the cell unlocked. 

"How'd you do that without a key?"

"Pick the lock."

"Oh," was all I could say as I crouched next to Akiye. "Akiye? Hey! Akiye, wake up." I nudged her a little. Her eyes fluttered, but didn't open. I quickly picked her up and brought her out of the cell. Anika motioned for me to set her down. When I did she started to heal whatever wounds Akiye may've had. I wasn't worried so much about that as I was about the poison. It had been in her system longer than it had been in mine. Anika stiffened then stopped healing her. The green glow of chakra around her hand ceased as she pulled her hand away.

"What's wrong?"

"Why haven't we met any more guards?" I was completely caught off guard by her question. Why hadn't we? This far in we probably should've, so why didn't we? "Let's finish up and get out of here before something happens to change our good fortune." Anika then took out her magical chocolate, as I had begun to think of it, and gave it to the now waking Akiye.