Chapter 10

There's an extra at the end, that i decided to add in, hope you guys like it :) 

**************************************************** 

Recap:

"I guess Rob didn't tell you everything like he said he did." Mia replied. Huh? What did she mean? "People with abilities like us have pre-destined partners, soul mates, other half’s, whatever you want to call it. We tend to find them when we're young, but people have been known to find them later on in life as well. We don't know for sure why but I like to think that it's because our abilities bring us closer together. You know when you find you're other half, I knew straight away but Sara didn't. It started off as hate, but everyone knows there's a fine line between love and hate, and it's easy to be mistaken." Okay, I can honestly say I did not see that one coming. Really, after everything you'd think I would expect something like this but nope, I didn't. I'm so naive "Before when I said I wonder, I was thinking that even though Gabriel and Marina think they’re soul mates, what if the reason Gabriel hates you so much is because you're his true soul mate?"

WHAT!? Gabriel, the guy that just tried to kill me and had to be stopped, was my SOUL MATE? What is my life coming to? I really hope Mia is joking because Gabriel could NOT be my soul mate! I don't even believe in soul mates!

****************************************************

Chapter 10

"Sorry, but I think you must have that wrong. Way wrong. I don't even believe in soul mates!" I insisted in a rush. I could never love Gabriel; he had tried to kill me! I'd be stupid if I fell in love with him, he'd tried to kill me once, so what's stopping him from trying to do it again? Nothing. Especially now that Rob disappeared to prepare my surprise.

"It's just an idea. I don't see any other reason for his behaviour, do you?" Mia asked. "But anyway, it doesn't matter whether you believe or not, time will tell if I’m right or not." She told me.

I didn't have anything to say in reply to that. I mean, what could I say? I would just sound like I was protesting too much and only prove whatever point Mia thinks she has. So, the only sounds were mine and Mia's breathing.

It didn't stay quiet for long though. "So, tell me something. How many boyfriends have you had?" Mia asked, changing the subject.

This was a sore subject with me but I decided to answer anyway. "Just one." I was going to leave it at that but Mia gave me a look that begged me to explain, as she worked on my face again. I sighed. "It was two years ago. He was the new guy and we had become friends fast. We ended up going out for a few months but one day I was late out of school because I had to speak to a teacher about a project that was due, he'd told me he had something to do, so couldn't see me. As I was leaving I heard noises coming from a janitor's closet, I thought maybe the janitor had hurt himself again, so opened it to find not the janitor but my boyfriend 'doing' my best friend." I put air quotes around doing.

Before Mia could say anything in reply there was a knock at the door. She had just finished what she was doing with me and opened the door, making sure I couldn't be seen. "We're ready when you are." I heard Rob tell Mia. She told him we'd be there in five minutes tops before closing the door. I hoped Rob hadn't heard my story; it's not something I liked to share. I had thought I loved my boyfriend but he'd cheated on me, with Chloe, my best friend from since we were little. Since then, I never trusted anyone more than I had to, and started doing lots of work experience to avoid people.

I pushed the thoughts away as Mia started speaking. It's my birthday, I should be happy, I told myself. "Okay, you're done. You ready to see yourself?" I nodded, closing my eyes as she turned me to face the mirror. I took a deep breath before opening my eyes and what I saw made me gasp. I looked so different. Instead of my hair being all up, Mia had curled the front few pieces, pulled the rest back with a small clip, and curled the hair below the clip. It looked amazing. My eyes popped out of my face with the makeup she'd put on me. She used a nice green eye shadow to bring out the green in my eyes and blue eyeliner to bring out the blue, leaving the brown in my eyes to stand out by itself. She had then put some clear lip gloss on my lips to make them stand out as well. I know she put on more than that but I didn't know what it was, seeing as I don't really use make up. I barely recognised myself.