Chapter 9

Check out the video on the side, it's a trailer for the spoof movie Vampire suck. I actually like twilight and everything but I found this trailer hilarious and can't wait to watch it myself.

***************************************** 

Recap:

I sighed and walked over to Marina's cupboard. It was my 18th birthday, my first away from my family; I had just woken up minutes ago and was almost suffocated to death by Gabriel. I just hoped the rest of my day was better, like that saying, 'When you hit rock bottom things can only get better', but as I said before, I had always been an optimist.

******************************************

Chapter 9

I picked out a set of clothes that covered the most skin, which still showed more skin than I had ever before. Marina didn't have any jeans, so I had to settle for a black skirt that would barely reach the middle of my thigh, it was the longest she had, and a white short sleeved top that was tight and hid nothing, it was also open around my shoulders, so that if I wasn't careful it might slip down and show more than I intended, but it was better than wearing a top that went REALLY low.

After I grabbed them I went to the girl's bathroom, which was thankfully not in use. Once in the shower I let my tears come. My mum had planned a party for my 18th and she seemed more excited about it than me. Now she didn't even remember that and I was left to spend my birthday with, well, strangers. I had only met them yesterday and knew some things about them, I counted them as friends but I still hadn't known them long. It wasn't the same as having my family. I forced myself to stop crying, I hated self-pity, but everyone needed a good cry every once in a while, and something told me this probably wouldn't be the last time in the near future.

I got out and put on the outfit I’d picked out. I stuck all my wet hair up in a bun at the back of my head, using a spare bobble I found in the bathroom. Then I made my way to the kitchen, which I remembered from yesterday being in the right hallway, on the left opposite Gabriel’s room. I was glad that I made it to the kitchen without Gabriel coming out; I was kind of scared of him now. He wasn't someone I wanted to be around alone, not after what he did to me.

I opened the kitchen door to a chorus of "Happy Birthday!" Everyone was there, except for Marina and Gabriel, thankfully. I smiled at the sight of Rob and May, they had flour all over them and on the table in front of them was a plate of pancakes with a bottle of syrup next to it. I guess they had gotten into a flour fight while making them. Rob stared at me as I walked in, and I went slightly red knowing I wasn't hiding anything in these clothes, he stopped after a moment and I was grateful. Pancakes covered in syrup were my favourite breakfast food.

"Thank you." I told them all, really smiling for the first time that day.

The kitchen had light blue cabinets, and white counters along right side of the door and right wall, and then there were four small square tables, each capable of seating four people, in the left over space. The pancakes and syrup were on the one closet to the door.

I walked over and sat down and everyone went back to their own breakfasts. The twins sat together at one table and Larry, Paul and Max at another, from what I could make out I think the boys were discussing which comic book character was better and the girls were discussing shops, I think. Rob and May sat down next to me, May on the right, Rob on the left, they both had pancakes also. They were both still covered in flour.

After pouring the syrup over my pancakes I took a bite and found that these pancakes were even better than I remembered. "May, these are the best pancakes and syrup I’ve ever had." I told her proudly, and I wasn't lying, they truly were that good. Her whole face lit up light a Christmas tree, when I told her.