Chapter 10: Savannah Before Kari, and their Old Life

Chapter 11: "Assuming" The Throne is on hold until our dear friend Karikit returns from her rather long hiatus. We all miss her, and hope she returns soon. I hope that she will soon be able to get on here again, as she is sorely missed. :)

Assuming The Throne was going to be Chapter 10, but obviously it can't be posted for a very long while, as it is unfinished. Miss ya, Kat-sama! Return soon! Now for the story.

Savannah's POV

     I wander around this strange place called Earth. I don't know what to do, since my nurse died. That was a very sad affair, and I left after her funeral to avoid the place humans use to store orphans. The orphanage is not the place for me. I am terribly lonely, but I must avoid humans. I now live in the woods, in a shelter I built myself. It's a small, homely creation, and suits me well.

      Before this, I had lived with my nurse in a noisy apartment complex. Nanny had worked at a bookstore, because knowledge is important to us. I had gone to school, careful to keep my powers under control and hidden. We lived in this way until Nanny was killed by a thief, who was robbing the bookstore. Why anyone would want to rob a bookstore that sold ancient books confounds me, unless the thief wanted a spellbook in an old language.

     It was a slow but comfortable lifestyle, boring but it was living. Now I survive here in the forest because of my foreign strengths and adaptations. I gather wood so that I could light a fire to cook, which I rarely do because of the danger it attracts. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a glimmer, almost like animal eyes watching me.

     I go on about my business, and then the creature creeps forward and cautiously sits by the fire. I study it, and it looks like a cat-girl. She wears blue T-shirt with a Japanese insignia in bold black writing, a worn-out denim vest and denim knee length shorts, with blue-ish black wrist bands and a black ribbon cat bell. She also wears blue fingerless gloves with blue and red riding goggles, and beautiful platinum angel-like wings. She wears no shoes, and has two fluffy white tails. Her hair is white, a little shorter than chin-length, and hass a messy bed-head-like style. Her right arm has a scar that starts at her shoulder and end a little below her elbow. Her left ear is torn at the tip. She also has a light blue crescent moon mark with black wings on her neck below her cat bell. She watches me, and I watch her, until the food is ready. I share with her. She eats slowly, her two tails twitching every so often. Her eyes follow my movements, as a cat would. But she seems different from a cat, but not quite human.

     "Hello," she says, startling me. "I am Kari Himura."

     "Hello, Kari Himara. I'm Savannah Kent, in Earth language. In my own language, I am  I come from Krypton. I was looking for my brother, Kal-El, or Clark Kent, when I came here with my nurse. She died." I say softly.

     "I'm sorry, Savvy. You can call me Kari."

3rd Person

     The two girls sat side-by-side beside the fire, exchanging what parts of their lives they were willing to tell. Over time, they began to trust each other so completely, they christened themselves as Sisters, always and forever. The two sisters knew everything, remembering the other's every word, knowing that some things were never to be repeated. And that is how they survived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KARI IS BACK!!! ^-^ A little note: "Himura" is pronounced "he-moo-ra"