Chapter 3: Kari's Past Comes Back to Haunt Her

Kari belongs to karikit! ^-^

~3rd person~

      It was really early and Kari woke up. This was new since she tends to sleep until noon or later. She made sure everyone else was asleep then went to the training hall. "gotta get stronger! I won't lose to HIM!! not after what he did to them I'll have revenge! I will!!" she started training really hard. dodging arrows, jumping hurdles and practicing her powers. Well, the ones she already mimiced that is. It was at noon when Kid, Savvy and the others came in to train. Kari looked at them. Her pupils were slits. "umm..." she walked off a little depressed.

      "Oh geez... it looks like that time of year again." Savvy followed Kari to her room leaving everyone else confused. what was so special about today?! Kid couldn't help it any more and quickly went to see what was wrong. He heard.... crying! From Kari's room! He listened.

     "I-I miss them Savvy" Kari's voice quivered. Savvy patted her back.

     "I know Kari..." Savvy tried to comfort her. Today was the worst day for Kari.

     "I-it has been 12 years since they were murdered... I-I could've done something... but I was too scared..." Kari was broken. Kid's heart sank as he listened to them talk. "I miss my parents! I miss them! I never got to know them and never will..." Kari cried then yelped in pain as her birthmark started to glow. "Gah!"

     "It's ok Kari.... calm down" Savvy comforted and Kari took a deep breath and the glowing stopped.

"I hate him. He can track me on this stupid day! Every time!" It got harder and harder for Kari to breath.

As Kari took another wheeze she said, "I'm going to go now... I'll be back tomorrow. Tell everyone I'm sick and I'll be better soon if I'm left alone." Savvy nodded.

"Be careful, okay?" Kari nodded and smiled. She opened the window and pulled down her goggles.

"I'll be fine! You know how I am." She smirked then jumped. Kid then opened the door to see Savvy and an opened window.

"Did- did she just.......?!" Kid stuttered. Savvy nodded.

"Don't worry... It's like this every year today..." A platinum feather landed on Kid's head as Kari flew by.

"I'LL BE BACK SAVVY!!" She called out. Kid held the feather.

"I was going to ask her to go see a movie with me..." Kid looked down.

"She'll be back... She always comes back..." Savvy smiled then left the room. Kid stayed and sat on Kari's bed then stared at the shimmering platinum feather. He sighed and went to the training room after he put the feather in his room on his nightstand.

~a few days later~

      Kari has still not returned from leaving. Everyone was in a panic. Mainly Kid and Savvy. "WHERE IS SHE?!" yelled Kid. "She was supposed to be back a few days ago!!" Savvy tried to stay calm. but knowing that Kari could be in danger or worse made her freak out. And Kid's constant yelling didn't help.

      "Calm down Kid!" Robin called. "We'll go search for her now! GO!!!" *everyone left to Jump City*

~Kari's pov. a few days back~

      I was flying away from the tower and into hiding. I had to or else everyone would be in danger! But when I landed I saw the man who killed my parents. "It's been a while, freak." he said

     "RAKI!" I took a stance. "Why do you keep tracking me?!"

     "Because it would be fitting for you to die on the same day your parents did!" He lunged at me with a knife. I dogged.

     "NOT TODAY!!!" I yelled as I punched him in the back. "I have too much to live for now!"

     "Is that so?" he cut my cheek in an attempt to stab me. "All the more fun then!" He kept stabbing and I kept dogging. "You can't doge forever!" He said as he got a solid punch to my stomach. I yelped and fell to my knees.

     "Gack." I coughed up some blood. "I-I won't lose!"

     "You just did!!" He stabbed my back and I fell. "Goodnight!" He left. Little did he know I was still alive.

     "I have to go back..." I tried to get up but it hurt too much, so I stayed here in the ally, not moving... I was alive and in pain... I fell asleep a few hours later.