Chapter 1: Kari and Savannah, Adopted Sisters take care of each other

A/N: Kari is property of my co-writer and inspiration, karikit. Thank gummi bears for Kari!! :D Description of Kari is also hers! :D

Savannah Kent's POV

     I woke up from that nightmare again. The one where my mother dies before my very eyes, and I had to escape the planet before it blew up. Kari ran over to me, as I guess I was screaming again. Same as always: "Mother! Wake up! Mother!" Then the planet explodes behind me, then I wake up on Earth in my dream, in a smoking ruin of the escape pod. Then I wake up for real, and my fear melts away as my adopted sister comforts me.

     "That dream again, Savvy? Are you okay?" Kari asked. Savvy was her nickname for me. Kari Himura is 15 and she wears blue T-shirt with the Japanese sign that means "cat-kid" in bold black writing, a worn-out denim vest and denim knee length shorts. Also wears blueish black wrist bands and a black ribbon cat bell. She also wears blue finger-less gloves with blue and red riding goggles for when she flies with her platinum angel-like wings. She likes to walk with no shoes but when she is scolded long enough she puts them on. She wears blue and yellow slip on shoes when she DOES wear them… She has two fluffy white tails. Her hair is white and a little shorter than chin length and is a messy bed-head like style. Her right arm has a scar that starts at her shoulder and end a little below her elbow. Her left ear is torn at the tip. She also has a light blue crescent moon mark with black wings off to the sides of it on her neck below her cat bell. She's tom-boyish, very outgoing, curious at times, willing to risk life for her friends for others and people she cares about, she can be VERY serious at times. Kari never knew her parents, Lynx her dad and Mikomi her mom. She was always treated like a monster and an outcast by ‘humans’. Now she is living in a weird forest and surviving with the local animals that she made friends with. She is an excellent fighter in fist to fist AND with ANY weapon! She is also sort of distant about talking about her past and childhood. Other than fighting and stuff. Kari is good at singing and playing the ocarina. She's a great person, and she protects me like she's my own mother. I love her to death.

     "Yeah. Kari?" I said.

     "Yes?"

     "Are we going to go to the mall tomorrow?" I asked delicately.

     "I don't know... just... keep it under control... Jump City mall shouldn't be too bad. I mean, the Titans go there and stuff, so..." Kari didn't finish the sentence. We both knew what she meant. Acceptance. That was a huge issue for us. We both wanted to be accepted. Maybe we could be. Kari could absorb other powers (she's a mincer (karikit word yay))

      "Okay, Kari..." I trailed off and fell asleep under the moon in our little woodland. I woke up with the sun, even with my nightmares. I waited while Kari woke up.

     "Can we get something at the mall?" I asked Kari when she woke up.

     "Sure. I don't feel like cooking." Kari got up. We made it to the mall and walked around after we ate. We saw the Titans, and Starfire flew right up to us.

      "Greetings! You are new? What are your names? Where did you come from and how did you get here?" Starfire shot a barrage of questions at us.

      "Uhhh... sorta. I'm Kari and this is Savannah. We came from where we live and we walked... most of the way." Kari responded hesitantly.

      "Are you a Kryptonian, Savannah?" Star asked me.

      "Umm... how did you know?" I was a little weirded out.

     "I am Tamaranian." Star said. Like that explains everything, I think.