Chapter 9

As soon as I left the safety of Rivendell and the serenity of the sanctuary , the darkness fell a huge storm looming over the mountain pass into the plains just outside of the Elvish stronghold. Taking the main passage out of Rivendell and finding no tracks that would signal the dwarves took this route, the mountain pass was their only other option. Not only did the storm looming over the pass meant they were in danger, but the hidden goblin trap that lay within a cave. With almost every creature, across all realms informed of Thorin's quest, this was the worst possible time for the dwarves to come face to face with the Goblin King. Such vile creatures were not fond of dwarves in normal circumstances but in the present the goblins intentions are much worse.

Knowing the way to the hidden Goblin trap in the passage I directed Malya to circle round the plains towards the cave. When we reached the opening to the mountain rocks, I dismounted Malya keeping a hold of her reins.

"Dadwen bardh Malya." I whispered into her ear as I stroked her mane comforting her. As soon as I loosened the grip of the reins, her turned around galloping into the distance.

The path within the mountain pass was too narrow to travel on horseback, so I had to travel the rest of foot, Lifting the hood of my cloak over to cover my head and securing my twin blades on my back I quickly made me way towards the cave. Once I had reach were the trap was hidden I found I was too late, the rock remained open and from the smell the dwarves had fallen through. Defying my better judgement I continued on the path the dwarves had gone, the vile and retched smell of goblin overwhelmed my senses as my boots quietly hit the floor of the tunnel below. Behind my I could sense the smallest of movement, swiftly grabbing a hold of my dagger I spin around pointing the point at the throat of the creeping a shadow. A wounded Goblin launches itself towards we fumbling and weak, I grab hold of its neck pushing it to the ground my blade still at its throat.

"Where are the dwarves? Tell me where they have been taken and I will spare you." I spoke calmly to the Goblin.

"They will die. The price on Thorin Oakensheilds head is too much for his majesty to resist." my danger sliced across the throat of the creature killing him once he had finished. He did not tell me anything I wanted to hear and I was running out of time. Following the orange ember at the end of the long and dusty cave, the sound of screeching Goblins became louder. Allowing my senses to follow the source of the sound, I climbed across the series of wooden bridges until I positioned myself on a ledge right in the ceiling of the cave, finally the dwarves where in sight.

"Perhaps you know of whom I speak, an old enemy of yours. An orc, astride a white warg." the goblin King's voice echoed throughout the vast and empty space of the place he had previously called his kingdom. Only a fool would not be able to understand who or rather what the King was describing.

"Azog the defiler..." Thorin whispers and continues to confront the Goblin King. Confirming the original thought, if the King knows of this price upon Oakensheilds head then it is sure to have come directly from the orc in question. Which meant that he wasn't far away and that the dwarves are in more danger than I had thought possible.

EXCITING NEW PLEASE READ.....

So because I know that a lot of my readers like to comment on the book and follow up with it I wanted to keep you updated properly so....I have created a Twitter Account for all my books specifically. Now on this twitter you will get inside information of the book and even sneak peaks of the next chapters. As well as this I also have some other exciting stuff to share with you all so please go and check it out... 'autumxdays18'