Chapter 8

I turned to face Lindir a worried expression on his face as he delivered the news to Lord Elrond. Standing from my seat I prepared to leave and assist if I was needed, however what surprised me the most was that Lord Elrond remained where he was, as did Eliandel beside me. Myself and Lindir exchanged a confused look and this unusual behaviour.

"Forgive me, but shouldn't we be following the dwarf company?" I questioned Lord Elrond.

"To what extent? Their fate lies in their own hands now and when they do awaken that dragon there will a price to pay. Smaug's darkness has destroyed us once I do not believe that creature is incapable of doing it a second time." Lord Elrond explained facing my with furrowed eyebrows. It made me uneasy and I found I was unable to stand still as I pondered my power over Smaug if I was to practice the ability to control the ability.

The worried look on Eliandel's face spoke for her thoughts, she knows that I have to follow the dwarves and come face to face with Smaug. Even I had my suspensions that this would become the path I must take eventually. I am betraying my kind and most of all a certain Prince in Mirkwood, but the urge to use my powers was clouding my judgement. This is the moment I know I will look back on in days to come and wonder why I was so reckless, but I did not have time for regrets now.

Before I knew it I had bid my goodbyes and mounted Malya once again not knowing when I'd next see Rivendell again. Eliandel stood beside Lord Elrond. It pained me that I had to leave without her but I understood her reasons, the darkness that lies in Erebor could destroy any light and I didn't want Eliandel or anyone to have to face that.

That was a task for me....and me alone.

Authors Note....

Well, it's been a while. I wanted to apologise to everyone for how long it's been. Recently I've been struggling with anxiety and stress problems which has meant that I have had next to no time to even use the Wattpad app! But I feel like now continuing this book makes me feel safe and all my reader deserve to read more!! Thank you so much for all the support though, let me know what you think.

Autumn