Chapter 4

Awakening from my sleep, I sat up just as there was a soft knock on the door. Standing, I walked to door and opened it to see Arwen with a dress in her arms.

"Mellon please do not tell me I have to wear that." I asked her feeling worried and Arwen gave a small chuckle.

"Tauriel my dear, you must and do not give me the excuse of you not looking well suited in dresses." Scolding me in a elderly sister manner just like Filyana used to, she held the dress out. I let out a sigh as I took the dress.

Quickly slipping it on I turned to face Arwen, who let out a small gasp and her usual bright smile.

"Tauriel you look beautiful, just as I had told you. Come now, I will take you to my father." Arwen guided me through the breath taking city, up towards a round open room. Pillars stabelising the unique crafted roof, around each one was a casscade of flowers and leaves. Looking at the leaves, they reminded me of Mirkwood....and Legolas.

I promised myself I would not think of him, yet here I stand doing just that. Thankfully Arwen brought me out of my thoughts.

"Tauriel. I can see it in your eyes, your thoughts are consumed over him. Prince Legolas Greenleaf, son of King Thrandiul." Arwen spoke softly, whispering, as if the leaves themselves would carry our words into the wind.

"I will not deny mellon, as you will see straight through my words." I replied knowing that she was already aware of the things that consumed my thoughts.

A horn sounded throughout Rivendell, the sound bringing causkng anger to surge through my veins.

Arwen and I glanced at each other, before rushing towards the front gate. Gathered there was a company of dwarves, at the front of which was Gandalf the Grey. I smiled to myself, recalling everything Eliandel had told me of this very wizard.

As I was too consumed by my own thoughts, I did not notice Lindir stand beside me.

"Mellon, it has been too long since we last crossed paths." Lindir spoke in a friendly tone whilst smiling at me.

"I believe you are correct, we must discuss certain matters later." I replied knowing the dwarf company where watching us. Turning back to look at them, one particular dwarf caught my eye.

Thorin Oakenshield.

A quest...

To reclaim a homeland...

A kingdom destroyed and guarded by a dragon. A creature I can control.

Smaug...

A quest to reclaim Erebor, to become the King under the mountain.