16

|B L A D E|

   Blade pulled Theseus closer to him. He didn't like this. It was too abrupt. Too 'out of nowhere'. Too suspicious. He didn't trust these foul animals one bit.

     He glanced at Emerson. "Who are they, again?"

      Emerson pursed his lips. "They call themselves Apollo's Cattle. Like the holy ones he used to have? I don't know. I thought cow shifters hated all predatory shifters?"

     Blade shook his head "Common... Common what, kit mici?" He asked Theseus, his face tensing in concentration as he tried to find the word get was looking for.

     "Common misconception. And you're right, Blade. They just tend to veer away from meat eaters. They're vegans. I had a cattle friend in school once. Her name was Bella, real nice girl. Real timid, too though. They're usually the quiet type, but you better not get them mad. Did you know cows kill more people a year than sharks?"

      Emerson blinked blankly at Theseus. "You talk too much, fur ball."

     Blade growled. "This fur ball is my lume."

      Emerson smiled sheepishly. "Sorry man. Anyway, back to the cattle situation."

      Cain beamed. "I-I know why they're h-here!"

     Theseus smiled softly. "And why's that, Ori?" He prompted.

      Cain's face lit up at the nickname. "There's two r-reasons. One, the m-main bull of the herd's official m-mate is in our pack. The se-second reason they're here i-is to help. Theseus's clan has been t-terrorizing them e-ever since they decided to t-try and declare w-war on us, t-taking over their land and b-bullying them. They w-want to unite w-with us and g-get them out of h-here."

     Theseus jaw practically dropped. "How do you know all this information already?"

     Cain giggled. "Me and Emmy h-have been communicating w-with them for a wh-while now. We've a-agreed to their t-terms."

      Blade grunted. "What we're their terms?"

     Emerson scratched the back of his neck, grimacing. "It sounds bad, but..."

     Theseus frowned, clutching Blade tightly. "What is it?"

      "They want your werecat to pay them back. And they also want to form a permanent alliance between the three of our groups once you're back in power. And..." Emerson looked uncomfortable.

      Blade didn't like how he seemed to be dodging something. Something probably important and vital for them. Something that could possibly change how things went down.

      "What. Do. They. Want?" Blade repeated slowly, his words holding a warning.

      Emerson sighed, running a hand through his hair. "They want Theseus's father. Want to put him on trial in their community. He conducted a raid on a branch of their herd, causing the death of three of their members. They're a rather large herd, but still. That's three people they loved and cared for. They believe they deserve the right to hand out his punishments."

      Theseus swallowed thickly. Blade watched him with concern. He didn't know how this would settle with his little mate. Blade rubbed his shoulder encouragingly, planting a kiss on the crown of his head. He scruffed up his already messy hair, making Theseus pout up at him.

       "I don't care. Honestly. He was an abusive b@stard that can go burn in h#ll for all I care. I've got better things to worry about than his wellbeing. Hope the farm animals burn him on a stake."

     Blade sighed, smiling softly. "Don't say that to their faces. They get mad."

      Theseus snickered. "Yeah they would. Probably hate being called farm animals as much as I hate being called a domestic pet. Well, whatever. They can suck my a$$. I'm still eating beef."

      Blade smirked. "They won't be sucking your delicious little cur is all me."

       Theseus sniffled. "No idea what you just bad said, but yeah, sure."

     Blade let out a deal of laughter. Hisaye was just so d@mn cute. "I will show you later," he murmured roughly into Theseus's ear, making the we're at stiffen considerably.

      Emerson fake gagged. "Okay, keep it in the bedroom you too. We've got to arrange a meeting with the leader of the herd. His name is Bryden, he'll be coming around at about two. I'm going to have call Conner up, he's either going to be elated by the news or despise it..." Emerson chuckled.

     Blade hummed. He had no idea who this Conner was or what his connection to the situation was, but he didn't really care at that point. What he did care about was dragging Theseus into their guest room and ravaging his body.

      Emerson sighed Ashe watched the two mates disappear into their bedroom. It was 11 now. He hoped they were sated and ready when 2 rolled around...

____________________________________

     Blade soon discovered that Conner despised the cattle here for some reason. He and Theseus had stumbled from their room, new hickeys and lovebites scattered up Theseus's once creamy pale neck.

      Conner was arguing very loudly down in the kitchen with Emerson. Blade dragged Theseus along with him as he went to investigate, his interest peaking.

     "Emerson, you f*cking f*ggot! I told you and your little piece of meat that in confidence that you wouldn't tell anyone! And now you're inviting the a$$hole here?! In your home?! He's a sadistic psychopath, I swear! He tried to rape me!" An indignant voice screamed.

     Blade took a good look at the boy who was yelling in the kitchen. He looked about Emerson's age with dirty blonde/light brown hair. He had green eyes the color of emeralds and was lanky with a bit of muscle to him. He had a nice jawline, high cheekbones, and long lashes. Definitely a looker and a charmer. With one sniff, Blade determined he was a wolf shifter as well.

      Blade didn't dare fully enter the kitchen and instead continued to eavesdrop, Theseus's tucked to his side.

      "Oh, come on, Conner! He desperately wants to be with you and you just keep shutting him down. He's your mate, you know. You should start treating him like it. He's a nice dude and is willing to help our pack. Reinforcements will I've us a huge advantage over the cat shifter clan." Emerson replied.

     Conner huffed. "Is that all you care about? Not your best friend's happiness? I don't want to be mated to a guy! I don't even want to be mated! But it's even worse, knowing I'm mated to him." Conner said him like holy worshippers of Christ would say Satan.

      Blade's eyes flicked to the doorway when he heard a set of heavy footsteps.

       "Oh, come on, love. I'm not that bad."

#So I took a little break... I'm sorry, but it was much needed one. My updates might be a little scattered and random soon with State testing coming around and having to study and sleep a lot. I'm sorry, I'm an awful author. But hey, I've already got the third book to this series planned out! Yay me! This story won't last much longer, probably will only be about 20 chapters. Ah well. See you guys next week, lots of love!#