Chapter 2 - The Infamous Offender

"Get your ass on that plane."

"I said no. I have exams."

"I will send Cody over there to force you onto that plane."

"What the fuck, no. I don't want fucking Cody in France. He'd somehow offend every living soul around him within 5 seconds without even realizing. They should call him, 'The Infamous Offender', or something. Besides, I don't think he wants to be around you, ever since you kicked his ass on that call last night."

"I'd just kick his ass again to make him do it."

"Oh, damn, you're right."

"Enough chit-chatting, Jackson. You're getting on that plane whether you like it or not."

"No, it'd be too muc-.."

I was cut off by Audrey once again.

"Stop saying that, and give yourself a damn break, you loser French trash. I'm sure your parents and shit would want to see you, and besides, hOW FUCKING COOL WOULD IT BE TO FUFILL YOUR CHILDHOOD DREAM??!"

"I don't know if I'd call a simple reunion a dream, bu-.."

"Just get your ass on that plane on Wednesday, you hear?"

"I'll think about it."

"Just start fucking packing already."

"Fine, I guess. May-.."

"WHAT THE FUCK, AIDEN, GIVE THAT BACK--"

"JACKSON, GET YOUR ASS ON THAT PLANE OR MAMA'S GON' DISOWN YA. BYE-BYE NOW, 'AVWAIR' NOW--"

"AIDEN, WHAT THE FUCK, GIMME THAT BACK, YOU DAMN HOE--"

I couldn't help but crack a smile at the awful pronunciation of the French phrase for goodbye, 'au revoir', along with the angry yelling Audrey in the background, as well as Aiden retorting back.

"MAMA SAYS NO. NO. 'AVWAIR', NOW"

Click.

I huffed softly, glancing at my phone. I looked over the ticket the group of friends had so generously pitched in and bought me, harshly biting the inside of my cheek as I thought about it.

"God, this'll haunt me if I don't go.. But, my classes-..."

I began to rethink my stance on the situation, the guilt and thought of my friends I hadn't seen in forever setting in. Pacing back and forth in the small living room, I continued to rethink the situation over and over, all while slightly grimacing at the cramped space I had to pace around in. It would definitely be nice to stay somewhere that wasn't as cramped, though the classes I had enrolled in were too expensive and important to miss.

Knock. Knock. KNOCK.

Thoughts shattered by the new, sudden noise, I whispered to myself in a sheer panic for a moment, though my thoughts were completely unreasonable.

"What the fuck, are they here or something?"

"Were they actually calling from an airport here?"

"Oh Jesus Crucified Christ, they're going to force me to, aren't they??"

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

I proceeded to rush over to the door, almost falling in the process. I let out a soft sigh, quickly composing myself before opening the door.

"Oh, bonj-..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know you speak English. Anyway, yeah, hi, could you keep it down? It sounds like you're fucking Satan up here or something."

"wH--"

Practically choking on nothing, my face was dressed with a deep blush, dying as I stood in the doorway, listening to the neighbour's comments.

"Yeah, alright, I'll take your choking as a yes, then. Thanks or whatever-... Jesus Christ, you're loud."

"S-sorry--.."

He was already leaving, seeming to stomp instead of walk. I closed my eyes, sighing as I closed the door, putting my back against it as I continued to die of embarrassment solo.

After wallowing in a deep embarrassment for a minute or so, I proceeded to walk back into my room, picking up my phone, clicking the 'on' button.

2:57 pm.

89 new messages from: Audrey, Aiden, Maya & Cody.

Picking up the phone in an angry manner, I proceeded to leave a message to Audrey, who was still continuing to spam. 'I'll think about going, meanwhile, stop spamming. I'm a broke-ass college student, I don't have fucking unlimited texting, I'm a damn peasant here.'

Glancing over to my closet, I raised an eyebrow as I noticed a suitcase simply sitting in the plain light.

"Oh Crucified Christ-.. What the f-.."

...

"...Oh, fuck it."

La grande aventure de 2024On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara