Chapter 1 - Jesus Crucified Christ.

Flashforwards. 

"Shut up, abruti."

"No."

There was silence.

"Wait, did you just insult me in French again??-"

"Damn, you're quite slow-.."

"Shush. Also, lAnGuAGE--"

"Make me, perdant."

"wHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEaN---"

Flashback to how this whole ordeal started.

It was 3:00 am. The set was a crowded uncomfortable, lifeless, and dark dorm, in Paris, France. There was ringing, along with a bright flash of white light, everything blurry and hazy.

Wait, ringing?

Lights?

Jesus Crucified Christ, am I dying?

. . .

I looked over to my side, seeing my phone that was giving off the sudden lights and noise. I let out a soft, annoyed grumble, picking up the phone, not even bothering to check the number. This was all whilst reaching over to the table located near the bed, sleepily placing my hands on my glasses, putting them on as I answered the call, sounding half-asleep.

"Oi vey... Salut?..."

"Yo, b."

I hadn't heard this voice in forever... How long had it been since I'd heard this voice? What... Middle School, perhaps?

"Em... You there, my boi?"

My thoughts were shattered as I realized I hadn't replied to the voice for a good half a minute or so, causing me to reply in a flustered way, accidentally in French, of course making it worse.

"A-Ah, o-oui, oui, désolé-..."

"Dumbass, I don't speak French. How many times do I have to go through this with you?"

"Oh, right-... Em, who exactly is this? ...and.. Why are you calling?.."

"Jackson, you idiot, it's Audrey."

Oh, God, I hadn't heard that name in forever. It had been so long. Memories were beginning to flash back to me, there were so many. I quickly snapped out of it as she continued on, though.

"Annnnyways, do you remember back in 2018 you made that story up?"

"Um, Audrey, it's been 6 years since that, I honestly have no clue-"

I was cut off. She went on and explained, though I heard lots of loud background noises behind the whole explanation. Mainly office telephones, the scattering of paper, and rushed walking. There were even a few... Laughs?...

"Yeah, yeah, the one about the solar eclipse this year. How all of our idiotic asses went up to Canada or something-..."

"Oh, that... That was so long ago. Anyway, why the hell are you calling me at 3:00 am about some stupid story I wrote when I was a kid?"

"Because. We're making it fuckin' happen, bb."

"Wait-... What?"

There was a sudden cheer in the background, it sounded as if there were about 6 or 7 people in the back.

"Oh, yeah, and all of our friends included in that story are going, so naturally, you are too, idiot."

"I'm a college student in fucking France, Audrey, there's no way in hell I could afford a ticket to America."

"Yeah, well, we kind of alll already chipped in and bought you one for your Spring Break, idiot. I sent it to your phone."

The phone chimed and buzzed in my hand as I let out a soft growl, still continuing to make excuses.

"But I'll have exams then, along with the Music Competition JEAN FRANÇAIX, and..."

I rambled on for a good 3 minutes until someone else snatched Audrey's phone, holding it up high so she couldn't retrieve it, all while screaming into the microphone to shut me up.

"SHUT UP YOU DAMN NERD-"

"oH, SweET bAby jESUS, MY eARS--"

And thennnn, a fight broke out on the other end of the line.

"CODY, GIVE THAT BACK, YOU FUCKING LOSER-"

"NO AUDREY."

"CODY. YOU HOE. DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TEST ME, I WILL SHOVE A CHAINSAW UP YOUR ASS--"

"BET, BITCH-"

"OHOHh, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW, CODY, AND I'LL SHOW YA-"

They fought for the phone for a good 10 minutes as I recovered from the sudden insult formed into a scream, waiting for them to come back to their senses and act like civilized humans again. Though, I was pretty sure I could hear my friend Cody whimpering in the background, Audrey probably beat the living shit out of him.

"Anyway, dumbass, just make sure to pack your bags to stay for the whole month. We're celebrating your birthday and shit since you haven't been in America for a few years, so yeah. We're keeping you for a month, deal with it."

"What??! I have school! Do you even know how fucking much it is to pay for these classes? I'M LIVING OFF OF RAMEN, AUDREY, R A M EN, THE PROFESSORS WOULD KILL ME IF I LEFT FOR A MONTH--"

"TOO DAMN BAD DUMBASS, WE'LL SEE YOU HERE SOON, GOT IT?"

"WhAT??! THIS ISN'T HAPPENING AUDREY, I SAID NO--"

"SHUT UP, YOU'RE COMING. NOW EVERYONE SAY GOODBYE OR YOU'LL END UP LIKE CODY OVER THERE, DYING BECAUSE OF MY EPIC ASS-KICKING."

There was an awkward silence from the other people on the end of the line, along with soft whimpers from Cody, before Audrey made another threat. The call ended with a sarcastic farewell from the other, more chill, friends.

"Um, byyyyye-..."

"Audrey, seriously, no, please, wait, there's n-.."

Click. Call ended.

"Oh Crucified Christ..."

I smacked my phone down onto my bed, falling back into the comfortable sheets with a deep sigh, setting my glasses to the side as I rubbed my temples, letting out a huff.

"What the hell did I get myself into?"

But, little did I know, that, that month in April would be the most eventful, life-changing month that I had ever experienced in my life.