Pt1 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4. – graveyard meeting

The wind echoed silently creating an atmosphere of a ghostly graveyard. While Sana did not exactly believe in the existence of unearthly spirits, there was always this slightly odd atmosphere when she entered the graveyard. Energy based maybe? Perhaps so, perhaps not, but either way it made Sana feel uncomfortable. She could not help it but she just simply hated graveyards. If there was a chance to avoid them then surely she would, but it would be in her mind disrespect to her brother to run away when she had in her mind promised him a visit.

So she wondered through the graveyard past the numerous trees. She had lost concentration and all of a sudden she felt like she tripped over something. Cursing, she started to get up.

“Ouch…”she heard someone whimper. Just only then she noticed what she had tripped over. It was somebody’s leg. But how could she do that. Shaking her head she looked up. She noticed a young man in a wheelchair looking down at her, annoyed. Oh so that’s how I tripped up, she thought. While he did not seem that much angry, he did have a bit of annoyance in his eyes.

When she had met eye contact with him her heart stopped for a minute. The young man stared at her with his silver eyes, almost x-raying her. She blinked

“An apology would be nice” he whispered calmly

“Sorry…I was just….”

“Not concentrating, I could see that” he hissed back.

“What…what happened your legs?” Sana asked, without thinking, instantly regretting it.

“Does not matter. Just go where you were going.” The boy replied calmly.

“Sorry…should not have asked…anyway apologies for …” she waffled

“Whatever”

About 15 minutes later she was just sitting by her brother’s grave. She felt depressed all over again and was silently wishing to somehow connect with him just to…

“Hello again” came a quit voice from her left.

She opened her eyes momentarily and lazily turned her head to see where the voice was coming from. It was the same boy again.

“What are YOU doing here?” she asked annoyed, that he interrupted her thought

He was silent for a few minutes, must have detected the annoyance in her voice, she thought

“For the same reason as you. To mourn” his voice was once again monotone and calm. She noticed that he was there by himself, and how he managed to get over here so quickly in a wheelchair was beyond her imagination.

“Who are you mourning?” she asked, apologetically that she hissed at him earlier

“a friend” he replied. “You?”

“My brother” she could see that he nodded but was still staring at the grave infront of him.

“Im Arvil by the way” he turned his head to her smiling slightly.

“Sana” she smiled back. Her mobile rang suddenly.

“where are you, why have you not been answering your phone, ive been worried crazy, you have-“ her sisters angry voice was on the other side of the line

“sis its okay I was just at the graveyard, il come back in a minute…” She noticed that Arvil was chuckling slightly. Oh great…she just embarrassed herself in front of a stranger….again.

“buy some bread on the way home” her sister hanged up angrily.

“better go now before your sister gets even more angry” Arvil advised

“how did you know it was my sister?”

“you just look like the type of person who would have an older sister” he replied simply. Oh great…. He was just like the great Terlock Sholmes – deducting everything just by looking at me. Marvellous.

“and you said sis” he grinned. Oh okay…well yes I did say that. Okay fine.

“bye” Sana said before picking up my bag and walking off.

He did not reply but something deep inside of me made me think that somehow we shall meet again.

After stopping by the local store to get some chocolates and bread that her sister requested, Sana went home. She was tired by that time and for some unknown reason, she was wondering why Arvil was in a wheelchair. But why she was generally thinking about him?

Normally she would not care much and just get back to her usual thoughts but today she could not. At least the weird dreams stopped. That was a relief to her. Yet she somehow missed seing them. They were enchanting, not boring…something exiting that seemed to happen in her life.

After handing over the shopping bag to her sister, she went upstairs to her bedroom. Have to distract myself.

She decided to try and figure out how even though she practically revised the whole of the last semester she somehow still managed to score a C in her exam. Sure it was considered average, but still it annoyed her. She tried so hard, and in her mocks she did get A grades but when it came to the exam, it all was just annoying.  She need to stop stressing in exams. But it was easier said than done.

After doing more annoying chemistry homework, Sana decided that being tired she would go to bed. It took her an age to fall asleep and after getting up and reading for a bit before sleeping she finally managed to fall asleep

“Rada!” came a voice from the house.

It must have been lady Fray, calling her to do yet more work. She did not bother hurrying as it would just mean more horrible chores and other stuff that she hated. Despite the tender age of 17, Rada was not concerned about anything what usual girls consider- that is love or marriage.

“Gods if I ask, I would only ask for one wish. Let me never be tied in the chains of marriage. Let me never wish to give up my life for someone who would just spit into the deepest part of me-that is my soul!” she would pray

“we are under attack- Rada, where are you?” came the screaming voice of Lady Fray. She ran out trying to carry various  jewellery with her.

“Rada, help…” she whispered, struggling at the weight of the jewellery Rada instantly grabbed some of the jewellery that her lady held and without panicking pointed out  to her lady that they should run for the forest.

“are you MAD?” Lady Fray hissed angrily.

“my mama always said that in the time of an attack, it’s just best to run to the forest” Rada replied, trying to stay calm.

“Oh YOU open the passage then. Can’t you see that I can’t !” Hissed Lady Fray. Grumbling to herself, Rada launched herself to the statue. She had moved it out of the way to reveal a dark passage that according to the layout off all estates in Dwor, should lead to the outside.

“There must be ladies quarters somewhere here…let’s see what the sweets of Dwor have to offer….” Came a drunken voice from the inside building. Rada grabbed her ladies shoulder and started to run down the passage that she now opened. Thanks the Gods that her ladies ancestors had enough brains to built these. She knew that the village was under attack. Otherwise there would not be any foreign soldiers by her ladies estate.

They ran to the forest….the forest by their estate….the forest that was said to be haunted….